GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Possible to use Android car stereo display (10.1") for MIB1 to MIB2 conversion? 2015 GSW S TDI

jakevh

Car(s)
2015 GSW S TDI
Just bought a used 2015 GSW S (no Fender audio) and have been having screen flickering with the MIB1. The seller included a new head unit and the Android stereo display, and told me just tom swap and it should go away. I realized the new head unit was MIB2, so I have been digging into doing the conversion. Two questions:

1.) Can I use the Android display for the MIB2 conversion? I cant seem to find anything on the topic, as everybody uses the genuine VW display. But since I already have the Android I am hoping to be able to just use that. I am relatively certain this is the display that he left me with: Bosion Android Display

2.) Since I do not have the Fender audio, I dont have to worry about any of the amp stuff, correct? So essentially I can complete the conversion with lets parts and less money spent as opposed to if I did have the Fender?

I apologize for any ignorance. I really just started diving into this today and want to get the needed parts together to make the swap.

Thanks.