GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Possible causes of vibration after new wheels/tires

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Also TireRack specifically developed hubrings for the MK7, due to its unique tapered hub. You could talk to them about securing a set.

johng.wissig

Ready to race!
I got wheels and tires from TR about 1 year ago. Had vibration at 75 -80 mph. Mounted re- mounted several times. Took them off for the winter. Just put them back on. But prior to that I called TR and asked about vw specific rings. My guy Drew a blank, said he's always used plastic on his Audi . Anyway got some from amazon, not sure if vw specific but so far much better.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

SouthSideGti

Ready to race!
Also TireRack specifically developed hubrings for the MK7, due to its unique tapered hub. You could talk to them about securing a set.

ECS Tuning also has plastic and metal sets for the MK7. I had this exact same issue after balancing and mounting my Rotiforms and it cleared up the issue immediately.

Swoope

Ready to race!

this is the correct answer! everything else is just bad advice. the hubs on the mk7 are different, and need rings with a longer top of hub..

beers

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
this is the correct answer! everything else is just bad advice. the hubs on the mk7 are different, and need rings with a longer top of hub..

beers

Eh, I don't have TireRack's "special" rings and my aluminum 72.6-57.1 rings from BFI do the job just fine. No vibrations at any speed, 10-124mph...

If you ~don't~ have the special hubrings, progressively torquing the bolts in a star pattern while the wheels are in the air helps to ensure the wheel stays flat against the hub. That's what I did last summer and again last month when I did a rotation. No vibrations before, no vibrations now.