GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Plaid Corbeau seats

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
So not worth getting the heater option at all b/c you have use new/used OE seat heaters/occupancy bits?
Kinda, sorta, you really only need to passenger seat factory bottom heater/sensor for the occupancy to work. So that still leaves the passenger back, driver back and driver bottom as items not needed.

But if you get their theater option you will still need to either direct wire with their provided switch’s or figure a a way to wire them to the factory buttons and bypass the corbeau transformers.

If I could do it again I would probably not bother with the heaters and only get the pass bottom one cause the last 2 winters in Vegas without the heaters (still never wired them up lol) I wasn’t missing them.

One thing I wish I got was the optional lumbar bladder!

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Factory buttons aren't directly wired to the heaters. The buttons send a can bus command to the BCM which operates the heaters. The BCM has adaptation channels to separately control the temperature of the backrest and seat bottom. I'm not exactly sure how the separate control works though since there are two elements connected to a single power output from the BCM. I assume it's doing something neat with PWM and variable voltage though.

Without a white paper on it I doubt you'll be able to use that BCM output wired to aftermarket heating elements, which means using the OEM buttons is kind of off the table. OEM heating elements aren't that expensive though.