GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Performance Pack diff service

noluck289

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 Mk7 gti
My car is now at 80k miles(2017 mk7 gti se) and was curious if the pp diff needed to be serviced and how much it would cost

GTI RobG

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI SE
Well, I just reached out to Tri State Euros in Clifton, NJ since my 2018 GTI has around 37k miles and I am doing that service at 40k miles, they said $100 for the diff service.

Mr. Conundrum

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Autobahn
Yes, if you've never had it done, it should be serviced. I try to do mine every 25k mi, because I work the diff hard, but for more normal ppl, I'd say every 30-40k. If you do it yourself, the kits are about $80. There's some YouTube videos that can walk you through it. Prices will very if taking it to a shop. I've had quotes between $200 and $260.

krvnked

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5
hello fellow nj peeps

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
Are you guys dropping the unit to scrape/clean the screen off, or just drain/refill the fluid? I'm a little hesitant to drop the VAQ unit, but if the dealer is just going to drain and refill the unit it's something I can just do at home.
Never heard of anyone dropping the unit, just drain and refill it. Most do it at home like an oil change.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Never heard of anyone dropping the unit, just drain and refill it. Most do it at home like an oil change.
Yeah, I forget where I initially saw it (I know it was on youtube somewhere, but I can't remember what channel) but there was a pretty decent amount of grossness built up on the screen. Either way, I'm sure changing the fluid is better than doing nothing at all.

noluck289

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 Mk7 gti
the dealer just drains and refills the fluid. I was charged $285 for it at a vw dealer which seems kinda pricey. Will definitely do it myself next time.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I'm pretty sure it's a 30k miles service interval.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Yeah, I forget where I initially saw it (I know it was on youtube somewhere, but I can't remember what channel) but there was a pretty decent amount of grossness built up on the screen. Either way, I'm sure changing the fluid is better than doing nothing at all.
That’s for the haldex units, the vaq on the PP doesn't have that accessible screen piece.

BeeryTravler

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI SE
I had a hell of a time getting the fill plug in/out on jack stands. If you have a lift it would be a lot easier. I do almost all my own maintenance but will shop around next time I need a diff service.

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
I had a hell of a time getting the fill plug in/out on jack stands. If you have a lift it would be a lot easier. I do almost all my own maintenance but will shop around next time I need a diff service.
Man if you think thats hard, what other service do you do :ROFLMAO:

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny