GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Performance Monitor HMI "Missing" from New 2021 GTI

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
Got my '21 GTI back after today's oil change and software update and definitely no Performance Monitor HMI. I use Apple CarPlay and so far found nothing new or different. I've had to reset my MIB a handful of times in the past year, so maybe the update addressed things like that. Who knows .....

haste

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'21 GTI SE, '15 FiST
This was showing this morning. Went ahead and hit the download button. Have about an hour drive before I shut the car off.
IMG_20220219_092336384.jpg

IMG_20220219_120934933.jpg

Last edited:

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
0981E6AB-F735-4A2E-A416-1E6C382C2B35.jpeg

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
Does the Performance Monitor now appear on your screen @dequardo ?

I had the 91DC done at the Dealership few days ago and mine doesn't appear. I've not yet had @haste 's MIB display appear, but I'll know to not be excited about it when it does. :confused:

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
Yes but note mine is a GLI. Same MIB3 though 🤷🏻‍♂️

Leo ATX

Car(s)
'21 Mk7.5 GTI
I went into 5F infotainment, adaptations and changed both IDE04300-ENG126148-Vehicle menu operation-menu_display_SportHMI and IDE04300-ENG126149-Vehicle menu operation-menu_display_SportHMI_over_threshold_high to activated. It did not enable performance monitor.

RXXXII

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2021 VW GTI Autobahn
From VW Customer CARE on March 2, 2022, on the Performance Monitor HMI:

"At this time we are working diligently to make the software available. We anticipate a software solution to be available sometime in April or May of 2022."

jim1395

Car(s)
2021 GTI
Had an OTA update show up last night after work. I downloaded on the drive home and installed when i got home. Install was successful. Didn't notice any difference and no performance monitor. System software did show a version change...now at 0813.

Last edited:

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
Interesting. I had to have mine done at the dealer.

gtiGreateness

Ready to race!
Had an OTA update show up last night after work. I downloaded on the drive home and installed when i got home. Install was successful. Didn't notice any difference and no performance monitor. System software did show a version change...now at 0813.
What settings are needed for this IF any?

Thanks

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
What settings are needed for this IF any?

Thanks

I think you don't have to set anything up; it's all automatic. You're alerted to the download and it's okay to interrupt it if you stop somewhere. When the download is complete, it'll wait until your engine is shut off to work the actual update to the vehicle. I had an over-the-air update to my '21 perhaps eight months ago, but I'm not sure what its purpose was.