GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Performance Monitor HMI "Missing" from New 2021 GTI

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
If you read the fine print It states that they can monitor CEL's as well as other "Relevant" data to ensure the best driving experience.
=D
Right they will know everything just like the insurance company dongle that gets plugged into the OBDII port to monitor your driving.

RXXXII

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2021 VW GTI Autobahn
Most cell phones and apps are tracking you all the time. Big brother out there.

I do like some of the Car-Net features:
- Can tell if my vehicle doors are unlocked and lock remotely
- Can see how many miles until I need gas. Don't have to go out and check
- I also see I left my hood open - which I did, as was planning to check the oil and clean the engine bay (car is in garage).

It appears VW hasn't made any progress on installing the Performance Monitor for anyone. Hope they are actually working on a solution.

RXXXII

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2021 VW GTI Autobahn
From VW on 5/20/2021, when I contacted them to see if there was an update on my open case:

"... the software will become available in Mid-July but there isnt a set date."

"The software update notification will be issued similar to a recall, you will receive a notification via mail and it will be attached to your VIN. "

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
From VW on 5/20/2021, when I contacted them to see if there was an update on my open case:

"The software update notification will be issued similar to a recall, you will receive a notification via mail and it will be attached to your VIN. "

Thanks for the word RXXXII. (y) At least we now have official confirmation that VW hasn't forgotten us and that we'll receive a mailed notification.

Craiggermac

Car(s)
2021 Jetta GLI
Late to the party here guys , picked up my 2021 GLI Jetta yesterday afternoon , I had the performance monitor pop up a couple times along the drive , actually got a quick video of it because of how cool I thought it was , and now , no matter what I try, I can’t get it to come back. Super disappointing, I’m in Canada , and new to VW but it’s super odd to have it work for a few hours and then gone.
The one thing I did notice is that it wasn’t in the “Selection” menu in the bottom left , it was right beside the selection to the left. I can’t find anywhere where I may have accidentally shut it off , and I’m just totally puzzled

attached a screenshot of the video showing , it definitely was there , looks like the lap timer logo beside selection. Havn’t seen it since 🤷‍♂️

Attachments

• 05353C92-18AC-49FA-94FF-5D3472B7C27A.jpeg
    05353C92-18AC-49FA-94FF-5D3472B7C27A.jpeg
    595.2 KB · Views: 164

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
Late to the party here guys , picked up my 2021 GLI Jetta yesterday afternoon , I had the performance monitor pop up a couple times along the drive , actually got a quick video of it because of how cool I thought it was , and now , no matter what I try, I can’t get it to come back. Super disappointing, I’m in Canada , and new to VW but it’s super odd to have it work for a few hours and then gone.
The one thing I did notice is that it wasn’t in the “Selection” menu in the bottom left , it was right beside the selection to the left. I can’t find anywhere where I may have accidentally shut it off , and I’m just totally puzzled

attached a screenshot of the video showing , it definitely was there , looks like the lap timer logo beside selection. Havn’t seen it since 🤷‍♂️

Hmm does your infotainment system have the "Car" button?

A lot of GTI/GLI owners probably think the performance monitor is gimmicky but I love it. It always seems to interest my passengers.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Hmm does your infotainment system have the "Car" button?

A lot of GTI/GLI owners probably think the performance monitor is gimmicky but I love it. It always seems to interest my passengers.
Especially when you don't tell them to subtract the atmospheric pressure and they think you're running in excess of 40 lbs of boost at wide open throttle. 😂

GenX Retread

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI Autobahn

What's the build date on your car?

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion

Well durn, it's nearly the end of July and I'll bet none of us has received anything from VW. :confused:

jim1395

Car(s)
2021 GTI
Still waiting and checking forums regularly. Coincidentally I received an email from VW Quality today regarding a quality satisfaction survey! I'll be reminding them of the issue with my new 2021 SE.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch

did you try pressing the 'car' button multiple times? it'll cycle through different screens. when in sport mode it'll open the performance page first, when in normal mode it'll open the car data page first w/ range, etc

RXXXII

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2021 VW GTI Autobahn
Latest update from VW on 7/30/2021 on my still open case:

"A fix was expected to be available in July, but the solution continues to be tested and is not yet available. We do not have an estimate at this time. I am so sorry about that. I know that is not the news you were hoping for."

"I am sincerely sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you, I understand you would like the case to be escalated however we are all in the same boat at the moment. Our regional case manager team has access to the same information as we do here in VW Care. They would do the same in terms of waiting for an update and then contacting you once the information is available."

"I thank you for your patience and understanding. I appreciate your continued loyalty to VW. I am sure this will be available soon and if not I know VW will find a way to make it right."

FSTSNAL

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 DVP Spektrum R
Latest update from VW on 7/30/2021 on my still open case:

"A fix was expected to be available in July, but the solution continues to be tested and is not yet available. We do not have an estimate at this time. I am so sorry about that. I know that is not the news you were hoping for."

"I am sincerely sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you, I understand you would like the case to be escalated however we are all in the same boat at the moment. Our regional case manager team has access to the same information as we do here in VW Care. They would do the same in terms of waiting for an update and then contacting you once the information is available."

"I thank you for your patience and understanding. I appreciate your continued loyalty to VW. I am sure this will be available soon and if not I know VW will find a way to make it right."
I have about had it with this delay. Tempted to file an FTC complaint for false advertising in sales materials.

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
Thank you for the update @RXXXII . They might as well have written "Our Senior leadership has decided that the feature is not a priority and has assigned our Engineers other work." Seeing as the feature is clearly listed on the window sticker, I think that @11blueGTI is correct. It amounts to failure to deliver a product after payment and by now we should have it available or be compensated for non-delivery. What makes this so ridiculous is that the MIB3 code isn't likely to be radically different than that in the MIB2. Give us a break VW.