GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Performance Monitor for VAG cars (work in progress)

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
Doing a major overhaul of a lot of the code. I'm cutting some bullshit features that weren't really needed, and migrated to the latest versions of all libraries I'm using.
This probably prevents the app from working on really old phones but... it comes with a lot of benefits, in the shape of performance and stability.

So far, the following changes have been made:
- Removed the title bar line that a Github-contributor put in ALL backgrounds :eek:
- Removed the "Consumption" screen and the optional Service screen that didn't work yet.
- Removed the Raw data screen. No one needs it, especially not while driving.
- Reworked (+added) some of the themes, because all themes with "red" graphics didn't look too good on smaller screens because of PNG resampling and such.
- Dark mode for the settings app.
- Improved previews of themes and fonts in the settings app.
- Optional different fonts for titlebar and clocks.
- All "needles" are now graphics, instead of just plain lines. This looks better and saves me a lot of lines of code that was needed to switch nicely between graphical needles and non-graphical.
- Applying styles and themes like they are supposed to be used. This prevents the left clock from looking slightly different than the right, and saves me some work when changing all of the clocks.
- Testing the addition of custom TorquePIDs

Still in the works:
- Ambient coloring for all needles.
- Override ambient coloring so you can use your own favorite color
- Find a way to get reconnected to the exlap channel again. I broke it sometime yesterday and didn't find out until today's testdrive. Whoops. It's all part of the game ;-)
- Fix a bug that doesn't nicely reload the theme when changing it in the settings app.
- Get a new OBD2 dongle, because Torque doesn't like my old dongle anymore.... so can't test Torque at the moment.

Some wide preview shots with 2 new themes, and a different background.

1624560572355.png

1624561598685.png

Settings app with darkmode and bigger previews:
1624561952818.png

Last edited:

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Doing a major overhaul of a lot of the code. I'm cutting some bullshit features that weren't really needed, and migrated to the latest versions of all libraries I'm using.
This probably prevents the app from working on really old phones but... it comes with a lot of benefits, in the shape of performance and stability.

So far, the following changes have been made:
- Removed the title bar line that a Github-contributor put in ALL backgrounds :eek:
- Removed the "Consumption" screen and the optional Service screen that didn't work yet.
- Removed the Raw data screen. No one needs it, especially not while driving.
- Reworked (+added) some of the themes, because all themes with "red" graphics didn't look too good on smaller screens because of PNG resampling and such.
- Dark mode for the settings app.
- Optional different fonts for titlebar and clocks.
- All "needles" are now graphics, instead of just plain lines. This looks better and saves me a lot of lines of code that was needed to switch nicely between graphical needles and non-graphical.
- Applying styles and themes like they are supposed to be used. This prevents the left clock from looking slightly different than the right, and saves me some work when changing all of the clocks.
- Testing the addition of custom TorquePIDs

Still in the works:
- Ambient coloring for all needles.
- Override ambient coloring so you can use your own favorite color
- Find a way to get reconnected to the exlap channel again. I broke it sometime yesterday and didn't find out until today's testdrive. Whoops. It's all part of the game ;-)
- Fix a bug that doesn't nicely reload the theme when changing it in the settings app.

Some wide preview shots with 2 new themes, and a different background.

View attachment 217633

View attachment 217635
good taste in music

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Can't wait to try this out again with my MIB 2.5, using AAAD. Waiting on an AAwireless dongle to show up, and a new phone too. Still need to try your MIB2High Toolbox as well, but can't get into green engineering (issue for another topic). Keep up the good work!

dlhoovler

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport 6MT
Really wish my MIB firmware version supported this! Got the app loaded up and was excited to get it running, only to have no data on the gauges. Discovered my firmware version (0751) is on the "currently not working" list. 😔

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
Sadly, it will never get any data to Android Auto on that firmware, so I should change "currently not working" to "not working".
But.................... I'm working on a potential workaround. I hope VW is disclosing the exlap channel on port 25010 of that specific firmware as well. So if you can do a portscan while connected to a WLAN, let me know ;-)

dlhoovler

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport 6MT
Sadly, it will never get any data to Android Auto on that firmware, so I should change "currently not working" to "not working".
But.................... I'm working on a potential workaround. I hope VW is disclosing the exlap channel on port 25010 of that specific firmware as well. So if you can do a portscan while connected to a WLAN, let me know ;-)
Unfortunately, I have no idea how to do that. English major here...

I have OBDeleven and can go into my infotainment menus (with directions), but I don't know if either is what's needed.

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
Do the VW techs go there?
VW has it's own school, not in Arizona, but many VW dealers are Audi dealers too, so going to VW is a pathway that's available, or at least it was when I went there. (ugh, you made me count the years, it was a long ass time ago.)

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
Unfortunately, I have no idea how to do that. English major here...

I have OBDeleven and can go into my infotainment menus (with directions), but I don't know if either is what's needed.
I don't think he was even typing in english :LOL:

thenext

Hello everybody.

I have a problem, I hope you can help me. When I star the app for first time everything works correctly, but when I go back in the Android Auto menu to change the app and go back to Performance Monitor, it has stopped record any data from the car. To get it working again I have to restart the phone and turn the car ignition on and off. Only then does it record data. Do you know why it is?

Thank you very much for help and sorry for my English

thenext

Really good to read that people are happy :)
The 'lite' version is in the making 😏 I really want to get through the Google Play review!
That would be great. How is that lite version going? Have you managed to pass the Google review?

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
Hello everybody.

I have a problem, I hope you can help me. When I star the app for first time everything works correctly, but when I go back in the Android Auto menu to change the app and go back to Performance Monitor, it has stopped record any data from the car. To get it working again I have to restart the phone and turn the car ignition on and off. Only then does it record data. Do you know why it is?

Thank you very much for help and sorry for my English
Yes, this can happen. The exlap channel is pretty unreliable at times. Force closing the Vag Extensions and Performance Monitor app and then reconnecting to AA can help. Also make sure the apps aren't being killed by any background process managers and such.

That would be great. How is that lite version going? Have you managed to pass the Google review?
Unfortunately not... Google has other priorities, I guess.. they are adding games to Android Auto (WTF) but a functional app is too much to ask for.

thenext

Yes, this can happen. The exlap channel is pretty unreliable at times. Force closing the Vag Extensions and Performance Monitor app and then reconnecting to AA can help. Also make sure the apps aren't being killed by any background process managers and such.

Unfortunately not... Google has other priorities, I guess.. they are adding games to Android Auto (WTF) but a functional app is too much to ask for.
Thank you very much for the information. I'll try to force close the app when I have problems again. And Google, as you say, wastes time implementing apps are worthless ... Thanks and best regards

DudePT

Car(s)
SEAT arona
Im having trouble put This working with my phone. On my tablet works perfect. But when Connect to my phone when i start APP it dont start. Got a Windows say no new mensagem .Any ideias ?