GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Passenger B Pillar Creaking 2017 GTI

damionrowe

Passed Driver's Ed
So I have been having this issue of creaking from the Passenger B Pillar/Doors when the car flexed over bumps or uneven surfaces, noticed it not too long after I bought the car in December.

Have been trying fixes seen online, lubed all the felt and rubber trims with Gummi Pledge and Krytox, but the creaking still continued.

Brought it in to the dealer today and it seems as if its the weld spots above the B pillar is the culprit. They also reproduced the sound by opening the rear passenger door all the way until the B pillar flexed.

So they will have to remove the trims, headliner and weld those spots I guess. The service manager said he saw similar cases before. Do I am without my GTI for awhile.

They gave me a Jetta as a loaner, but god it felt like a death-trap. Did the GTi really handle that well?

See youtube vid with creaking sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGagbyEjvLs&feature=youtu.be

Fanis1

Ready to race!
I had exactly the same issue. In my case, lifting the seatbelt tensioner, I think this is how it's called, to its highest position solved the problem. Try that first before you start tearing apart your interior.

damionrowe

Passed Driver's Ed
I had exactly the same issue. In my case, lifting the seatbelt tensioner, I think this is how it's called, to its highest position solved the problem. Try that first before you start tearing apart your interior.

Did all that. Last thing I wanted was to tear the interior apart

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
Try a chassis brace first to strengthen up the car. When you start tearing interior parts out and putting them back in there's a chance a new noise will come of it due to plastic and other materials rubbing