GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Parts from China

Soulman B

Ready to race!
Just a warning. I am in the manufacturing industry and was asked to go to a seminar regarding replacement parts from around the world. I was horrified from what I saw on some videos that I saw. I know we all like to get things cheaper, but that saying "you get what you pay for" will stick with me for the rest of my life. I will not be purchasing and mechanical or electrical parts from China from now on. I am not knocking them and everyone to their own.
People and members, be very careful what you purchase.

dbeugel

Passed Driver's Ed
I don't think I have ever come across any Chinese replacement parts during my time in the auto industry?! But on another note, all of my apple products were made in China and I haven't had any problems. :D

RPS99SHO

Ready to race!
Just a warning. I am in the manufacturing industry and was asked to go to a seminar regarding replacement parts from around the world. I was horrified from what I saw on some videos that I saw. I know we all like to get things cheaper, but that saying "you get what you pay for" will stick with me for the rest of my life. I will not be purchasing and mechanical or electrical parts from China from now on. I am not knocking them and everyone to their own.
People and members, be very careful what you purchase.

Can you clarify?

jeffkro

Go Kart Champion
I don't think I have ever come across any Chinese replacement parts during my time in the auto industry?! But on another note, all of my apple products were made in China and I haven't had any problems. :D

I don't think thats the same because it is overseen by a "trustworthy" company.

TerryReis

Passed Driver's Ed

Hear what you are saying but I don't think Apple stuff can be classified as cheap.
I think the point the OP was going for is "you get what you pay for".
Or my favourite:

Good Quality.
Good Service.
Cheap Prices.

Choose two.

:)

Cheers,

Terry

dbeugel

Passed Driver's Ed
What parts are we talking about here? If it's mechanical, you walk into any motor factors in the UK, and you'll find that 99.9% of the parts are produced in Europe to stringent laws.

Like every manufacturer there are different quality for different destinations. Your country s officials will make sure official products will meet the requirements for their country. That goes some way to explain the higher price over other less likely to meet the requirements. You can buy champagne any where in the world, but real champagne only comes from the French region of Champagne 'Ardennes region8. All others are wine. You get what you pay for but you pay for quality which is why WE DRIVE A VOLKSWAGEN!

dbeugel

Passed Driver's Ed
Like every manufacturer there are different quality for different destinations. Your country s officials will make sure official products will meet the requirements for their country. That goes some way to explain the higher price over other less likely to meet the requirements. You can buy champagne any where in the world, but real champagne only comes from the French region of Champagne 'Ardennes region8. All others are wine. You get what you pay for but you pay for quality which is why WE DRIVE A VOLKSWAGEN!

:D I'm sure there are many mk7 owners on here who would disagree !!

Soulman B

Ready to race!
Can you clarify?

Just to clarify, One incident was a bearing on a fan of a car. It took the HSE a long time to discover what had actually happened, but the bearing of the fan disintegrated after a year and the fan broke away and took half of the mechanics head off. This happened in the UK. The bearing was only one year old and the entire batch of bearings had to be recalled from the UK to Europe.

ModdedEuros

Go Kart Champion
Reminds me of the ebay turbo threads years ago. But think it boils down to you need to source from quality manufacturers. Their are good ones in China but also there are a lot of bad ones.