GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Parts fitting on a base Golf TSI

matzi24

Passed Driver's Ed
So I did a quick search and I saw some topics that showed how to do some modifications to fit GTI parts to a base Golf. So I'm sorry if there is a direct thread for this and if so someone can link me and I'll have this closed.

Anyways,

First VW and started the modding process. I bought some springs and a rear sway bar that I'm installing myself Wednesday to start out. Basically my question is that I find some parts like a Osir spoiler but seems like it just says for GTI/R and majority of things say its for the GTI/R. Now I'm fairly new to the modding process and whatnot but isn't the Golf/GTI/R all the same body type but different suspension, internals, etc? Just don't want to start buying things and everything doesn't fit and I waste money/time.

Again sorry if this was posted somewhere else. Thanks for the help!

Sexysoxy

Ready to race!
I have a golf launch edition and from my understanding if you're looking at spoilers (which I am) the GTI wing is a little bit bigger so it won't fit. Along with the front bumper to my understanding the bumper bottom is a little different so splitters can't fit on. A lot of the engine components can fit, like a cai(obviously) and a downpipe which I have both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

murtaza911

Ready to race!
The spoilers are different because the golf has a smaller spoiler. But most things can be swapped over and fit.

Suspension is all swappable, but the golf has smaller knuckles so you will need the larger knuckles to fit the struts meant for a GTI.

Check out my thread in the member car journals section (DIY GTI) I've been putting on a few GTI parts :).

matzi24

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for the info so far. End goal is to take it to a track some day. So many things I would like to add but not sure if they have the parts made yet for the TSI, so I figure this would be the best place to get answers.

I'll check out that thread too.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Clubsport spoiler will fit.
Something like this
http://m.ebay.com/itm/272625922447?_trksid=p2385738.m2548.l4275&_mwBanner=1

Gti springs will work but not shocks /dampers. (50mm instead of 55)
That being said, there are a few options for suspension.
VWR/DG/Emmanuelle Design/HR springs with Bilstein B8 shocks
ST/ Bilstein/BC Racing coilovers

Brakes/turbo/intercooler/intake/downpipe are all compatible.
Exhaust is if you plan on changing rear valence.
Transmission is different so clutches/clutch delay valve bypass/short shifters are not the same

Sure there's more, but that's a start.

Best place to start is one of the VW vendors like ECS and put your model in. Should filter what's compatible.

matzi24

Passed Driver's Ed
Clubsport spoiler will fit.
Something like this
http://m.ebay.com/itm/272625922447?_trksid=p2385738.m2548.l4275&_mwBanner=1

Gti springs will work but not shocks /dampers. (50mm instead of 55)
That being said, there are a few options for suspension.
VWR/DG/Emmanuelle Design/HR springs with Bilstein B8 shocks
ST/ Bilstein/BC Racing coilovers

Brakes/turbo/intercooler/intake/downpipe are all compatible.
Exhaust is if you plan on changing rear valence.
Transmission is different so clutches/clutch delay valve bypass/short shifters are not the same

Sure there's more, but that's a start.

Best place to start is one of the VW vendors like ECS and put your model in. Should filter what's compatible.

This is basically the answer I was hoping for. Just a small run down of what I can use and cant. Thanks!

Anyone recommend any sites? I've been on ECS, Deutsche Auto Parts and ModdedEuros.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Rear roof spoilers from the Clubsport fit .....

The GTI/R ones do not as the metal work (hatch) is different under the spoiler.....

Watch the struts as all DCC & GTI/R have 55mm, non DCC & lower than GTI/R spec is 50mm, however you could swap the hub carriers over from GTI/R also as alu. Then struts not a problem.

Everything else is straight swap over more or less...

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
VW Golf
On a similar subject, a pal is looking into fitting a Mk6 or Mk7 multi-function steering wheel to his base, S model Mk5 Golf, seems it IS possible. A quick look at 'how to' videos on Youtube reveal it appears to be a simple-ish case of wrestling the old wheel off, making sure the airbag doesn't explode in ones face (!), fitting new multi-function wheel and away you go - much improved interior. It can't be that simple, surely, can it.
(With apologies for calling dudes 'Shirley')....

Last edited: