GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Parking brake

Harry Kenyon

My golf mk7 has an anoying fault

A light keeps coming up on dash saying faulty parking brake

Its been back 4 times to local dealer and is due back this monday 21st october

They tell me nothing shows up when scanned

But if they go to a blue connecter under passenger footwell it brings the light on

Has anyone else had this issue and how was it fixed please?

vwman

Go Kart Champion
There has been a recent software update for this which dealers had to upload from VW technical onto their equipment

dadu

Ready to race!
I had many problem with this e-brake on Tiguan and I really sugest you not to use it. Anyway, you need it very rarely.

GTI-7-Performance

Ready to race!
I had many problem with this e-brake on Tiguan and I really sugest you not to use it. Anyway, you need it very rarely.

It is required every time one parks :confused: let alone stops at lights etc.

Not using stuff that doesn't work is the slippery slope to a car where nothing works.

In warrantee? Then back to the dealer's...

dadu

Ready to race!
I've always used the hand brake when engine running in idle and I'm away or when I'm on a big sloppe.
In any other situation, leave the car in 1st gear.

GOLF NUTT

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2019 Golf GTI
Word is that the Golf and GTI cars shipping to North America will have the old and more reliable parking brake with the lift up handle. Hope that is true. Why does VW make things so complex when they don't need to?

Harry Kenyon

Hi

My car has excactly the same issue

It has been back to dealer 5 times so far and i am waiting for them to contact me for it to go back again

They have channged the switch replaced part of the wiring loom and think possibly it has something to do with ABS pump but waiting for VW to tell them what to do next

Car has done 12K+ but I must have put best part 3k on there loan cars whist mine has been in workshop

Not what you expect from VW if i had bought this and not company I work for reckon Iwould have rejected it as a lemon

slthomas

Hi Harry

I have have the same issue for quite some time (since Nov 2013). My car is currently with VW as the the local VW garage could not resolve after trying to fix the car after trying for 9 month.

They have now arranged for a German Engineer and a wiring loom to see if that will fix the problem. As yet they have been unable to diagnose the fault.

Am trying to reject the car as a dud. Did you manage to get yours resolved?