GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Park distance front and rear

Hampshiremanred

Hi everyone,

Has anyone in the UK bought a retro-fit distance acoustic alarm for front and rear. I am finding the long bonnet tricky to judge the length for parking. If so, is it:
1) affordable?
2) easy to fit?
3) efficient?
4) or is there a company providing this service in the UK.

Many thanks

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
Not on the S - not sure about the SE or GT. Standard on GTD/GTI.

Its just another example of most options being much cheaper to spec from the factory rather than after market. There are cheaper alternatives to the option in my link but will not be the same as the factory fitted system.

redbutcher

Ready to race!
Cheaper to retrofit the rear view camera. Provided you don't mind getting your hands dirty I'd say the hardest thing will be feeding the cable down to the head unit. I'm planning on doing this rather than going down parking sensors route at some point in 2014 once it warms up a bit. Carsystems.pl have the kit for 392 euros delivered (£328). Only other thing required will be VCDS coding to enable the camera. Course that doesn't solve the problem of the bonnet, but I'd say judging the rear distance is where I'd appreciate some assistance.

mlewando

Ready to race!
I did retrofit. Original VW retrofit set. Set itself was 50% more expensive than factory option. Moreover, adding the work labour the overall cost was as high as 100% more money than factory. Nevertheless, it is worth to install it. I have never ever had problems with park in tight areas. Visual aids are excellent!
The only problem is, that you won't get an option for right mirror being lowered during park.