GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Park Assist Module Cannot be coded

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
It wouldn't work when parking is coded as #76. Recode it. In #19 Can Gateway uncheck #76 and check #10. There will be many missing Can Messages. And in MQB cars (like Golf VII) many signals goes thru CAN - reverse, sterring angle, brake pedal sensor, wheels speed, trailer hitch etc.. After recode please attach coding string.
As I see, car didn't recieve some Caninfo, this could be caused by wrong Can coding or by wrong ParkAssist coding.
are you sure?, the front and rear worked perfectlywith it as 76. and there is no 10 in my can list. the parking assistance was in 76 only, i remember Don saying thats how my car is programmed or something like that and thats fine. coding string is 0031061011, but do you have any other ideas?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
What option do you have in car? How is coding in old module?

its the most basic there is. but i know it supports pla because i found a guy on ross tech forums with the exact abs module , gateway, infotainment, dashboard, bcm. everything is the same and it works on his car so it should work on mine. in the old module it was the same just the Ops Display option was on regular ops and not on ops 360

DaveEvening

Passed Driver's Ed
Also - I noticed that your Gateway list is... weird. I know that in MQB are modules like #05 - Start Authentication and based on photo - you can't even code it. Ok, let me check coding options you have

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
Also - I noticed that your Gateway list is... weird. I know that in MQB are modules like #05 - Start Authentication and based on photo - you can't even code it. Ok, let me check coding options you have

Maybe its because im not from the US. it might be different there. ok. but did you see the pic i posted about the park assist display? what it shows on the screen? is it just a coding issue?

DaveEvening

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm from Europe :)

Coding ok, I see that you have AutTrans, right? Thats only difference between ours cars.

Do you code only PLA module, or others too?

By others I mean - #01 #02 #03 #17 #44 #5F?

Check that if you can, I will check wiring, your mistaken position on display can be caused by that

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
I'm from Europe :)

Coding ok, I see that you have AutTrans, right? Thats only difference between ours cars.

Do you code only PLA module, or others too?

By others I mean - #01 #02 #03 #17 #44 #5F?

Check that if you can, I will check wiring, your mistaken position on display can be caused by that

yes i have automatic transmission, yes i did. i coded engine dashboard steering assist but i didnt code abs yet. because i didnt install the new sensors tho i dont think thats the problem.

i did check the wiring, and i dont have any errors that say front sensor not found or something like that. the only wires that acutally go to the car are the two can wires and they are ok.

DaveEvening

Passed Driver's Ed
Do you have ACC? If you have, then there is no need to change ABS sensors. If ABS didn't know about PLA then It didn't send important info to PLA module. Thats might be this "missing databus message". I think that signal cables from your outside rear sensors is changed with your rear PLA sensors.

The rear bumper has 8 cables in 10-pin connector:
Bumer pinout / PLAmodule pinout / function
Pin 8 / Pin 18 / +
Pin 7 / Pin 22 / -
Pin 6 / Pin 6 / Outside left sensor
Pin 5 / Pin 20 / Inside left sensor
Pin 4 / Pin 7 / Inside right sensor
Pin 3 / Pin 21 / Outside right sensor
Pin 9 / Pin 19 / PLA left sensor
Pin 10 / Pin 8 / PLA right sensor

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
Do you have ACC? If you have, then there is no need to change ABS sensors. If ABS didn't know about PLA then It didn't send important info to PLA module. Thats might be this "missing databus message". I think that signal cables from your outside rear sensors is changed with your rear PLA sensors.

The rear bumper has 8 cables in 10-pin connector:
Bumer pinout / PLAmodule pinout / function
Pin 8 / Pin 18 / +
Pin 7 / Pin 22 / -
Pin 6 / Pin 6 / Outside left sensor
Pin 5 / Pin 20 / Inside left sensor
Pin 4 / Pin 7 / Inside right sensor
Pin 3 / Pin 21 / Outside right sensor
Pin 9 / Pin 19 / PLA left sensor
Pin 10 / Pin 8 / PLA right sensor

I dont have acc. the kit i bought came with two abs sensors so i need to install them but do you think it can cause that issue?

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
You need to code ABS, AutoTrans and Infotainment-5F as well

in the coding i saw in a few places they say to code: steering assistance, engine, dashboard, abs. park assist. i already coded the 5f when i installed the front and rear regular sensors not pla.

And i see you are doing a lot of research and i really appreciate that man thank you.

DaveEvening

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes. I also have that trouble time ago, but I need to figure this out by myself - no instructions these days... :(

Instal them, code modules and everything should be fine. :)
And check wiring - I think that PLA and outside sensors signal cables are misplaced - this cause display error

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
Yes. I also have that trouble time ago, but I need to figure this out by myself - no instructions these days... :(

Instal them, code modules and everything should be fine. :)
And check wiring - I think that PLA and outside sensors signal cables are misplaced - this cause display error

i will tomorrow, what do you mean by outside sensors?

DaveEvening

Passed Driver's Ed
There you have 4 sensors for standard Parking Aid, and 6 for PLA.

From left to right:
PLA left sensor, outside left, inside left, inside right, outside right, PLA right. Outside is just sensors on corners, not in middle, not on side of car.

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
There you have 4 sensors for standard Parking Aid, and 6 for PLA.

From left to right:
PLA left sensor, outside left, inside left, inside right, outside right, PLA right. Outside is just sensors on corners, not in middle, not on side of car.
I understand what your are saying but it happens on all 4 sides of the car and when i stand infront of the pla sensor it shows in the outside sensor and when i stand infront of the outside sensor it shows in the outside sensor again. i will post pic of the wiring and say which pin goes where and can you tell me if you see something wrong?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Last edited: