GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Panoramic Sunroof size?

paddypool

Ready to race!
Does anyone know the size of the opening of the Panoramic Sunroof available in the Golf 7 ?
My dealer doesn't know & I can't find anything on net...

paddypool

Ready to race!
I have seen one at the dealers and I have one on order. The size is not panoramic!

It seems larger than a standard but not by much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AQ9_1Rwzcc

Looks stylish, however :)

judging from the clip it is misleading to call it 'panoramic' !
I wonder is a 'panoramic one available at a later date of production this year ?
I haven't ordered my Golf 7 yet as I want the heated windscreen which isn't in production until the end of April...

bobwilson

yes it looks huge on the outside but underneath, on the inside you only have a hole around half the size, so it's like a standard sunroof - pathetic to call it panoramic!

Big Swede

Ready to race!
It's basically a flat roof it can't roll down a gentle slope like Porsche has. Where would you guys like this roof to go when it opens up it's not a transformer.

Half can open up and double up on the other half. It's called panoramic because the view is panoramic since both halves are glass. The other half in a normal sunroof would be metal which gives a totally different feel inside the car.

paddypool

Ready to race!
It's basically a flat roof it can't roll down a gentle slope like Porsche has. Where would you guys like this roof to go when it opens up it's not a transformer.

Half can open up and double up on the other half. It's called panoramic because the view is panoramic since both halves are glass. The other half in a normal sunroof would be metal which gives a totally different feel inside the car.

So am I correct in saying there's a glass viewing panel above the rear seat passengers & the front opening sunroof half goes over this when open ?:confused:

Becks

Ready to race!
It only "looks" big because it roof slides back on-top of the rear roof. As opposed to 21st century (imo) sunroofs opening with the moving part cancelled within the roof.

Nolte

Fear my Stock Ride Height
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Nice. That's the style sunroof the tC I had before my MKV had. Much better design, in my opinion. Hopefully this fixes the horrible wind buffeting problems my MKV has.