GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Owners manual Golf R

TheSwede

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf7 Alltrack/Cupra
When I got my Golf R delivered last week I noticed that Owners manual didn’t have a "marking" for “Golf R”, just header printing for Golf, GTI and GTD. The header of Service plan was filled with all other models exempt "R".

This is in Sweden, perhaps they don’t print a special edition for R since they won’t sell high figures of it…perhaps 100 units, I don't know.

You other lycky R owners - did you get an Owners manual / Service book for “R”?

Grateful for an answer :).

/Peter

Last edited:

Croc-Dundee

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi Peter & other members

Apologies for my absence from the forum due to being laid low by a particularly nasty virus so only just getting back to normal after a few weeks.

This was one of the things I pointed out to my dealer - I think there is only one tiny mention in the manual to the R - mine is also the GTI version of the manual. Disappointing as non of the tables make reference to the R. Additionally if anyone else has noticed but in the PR & publicity material there is a metal footplate for the DSG version - but not on the UK version. I realise that these images may have been photoshopped from left- hand drive material but when you are buying blind you expect to get what is advertised. Equally, if anyone can report differently - all the pr material also showed VW logos on the tyre valve caps - no such thing on the delivered car...I know these things may seem minor but it is this type of detail that can make some difference - the design is the detail as far as I'm concerned and if it varies from what is advertised then it is disappointing. I've asked the retailer to take this up with VW.

Hope to get some other pics up soon from previous post.

Liked the cake Peter and hope you enjoy the car as much as I have so far.

TheSwede

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf7 Alltrack/Cupra
Thanks for your reply "Croc". If you don’t get a special "R" manual in UK we for sure won’t in SE. If there are DE or UK editions for “R” one can always ask for a copy but I suppose it's not worth bothering.

...................Liked the cake Peter and hope you enjoy the car as much as I have so far.

I have just been out enjoying the “R” now, can’t keep my fingers of it….. It’s comes out better then expected :D.

/Peter