uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
:laugh:

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I don't mind crowds, I just don't like when they hog equipment lol
I loooooove my gym because it's rarely super busy at night, and the people are always hella nice. No gym snobs or anything. It's probably going to be the thing that I miss the most when I move. Unfortunately, they only have locations in the south :(

Because the south is the best.

PF sucks. anything perceived as intimidating is shunned. eff that noise

They just dont like that some people are actually swole.

All of this.

PF is the gym real fitness people laugh at. They're just as bad as those potatoshopped Shredz "athletes".

I only went because it was cheap and local. We either had PF or elite private gyms that were way to hardcore for me to go as a casual gym person.

So when anytime fitness moved in and offered a more private and less crowded option for only a little more than PF i was all game.

PF was like $21 a month for the black card (i used to bring a friend). Anytime fitness was like $34 a month and then i was able to get it free through my health insurance if i took a health assessment every year. so was a score then.

rblgti

Go Kart Champion
Because the south is the best.

I only went because it was cheap and local. We either had PF or elite private gyms that were way to hardcore for me to go as a casual gym person.

So when anytime fitness moved in and offered a more private and less crowded option for only a little more than PF i was all game.

PF was like $21 a month for the black card (i used to bring a friend). Anytime fitness was like $34 a month and then i was able to get it free through my health insurance if i took a health assessment every year. so was a score then.

The south is horrible. I can't wait to leave.

I guess if Planet Fitness was my only option....

I would definitely buy my own equipment and workout in my garage.
I'm too hardcore for them, and not being able to squat or deadlift would ruin everything about any gym for me.

rblgti

Go Kart Champion
you can probably deadlift, you just cannot drop weights.

I don't drop them from lockout, but it's hard not to slam 2x+ your bodyweight. I never understand how gyms expect quiet deadlifts.

Tbh, this is probably why I'll find a gym with a crossfit or oly lifting program in California. They don't mind noisy lifters.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
you can probably deadlift, you just cannot drop weights.

Haha my buddy used to go to our local Planet Fitness up until about January.
They had gotten rid of ALL free weights, benches everything. Anything that didnt have weight tied down or integrated is gone from our local PF.

She thats all hommie did so he left. They said it was some bull because it was too intimidating for new people when the guys who actually lifted were in there doing real sets.

I don't drop them from lockout, but it's hard not to slam 2x+ your bodyweight. I never understand how gyms expect quiet deadlifts.

Tbh, this is probably why I'll find a gym with a crossfit or oly lifting program in California. They don't mind noisy lifters.

I dislike crossfit. They dont follow any safe forms and encourage people to practice in ways that is dangerous and unsafe all in the name of "extreme"

Ps fuck setting down a dead lift. Ima drop that shit cause im dead.(Not throw it down like crossfit)

rblgti

Go Kart Champion
I dislike crossfit. They dont follow any safe forms and encourage people to practice in ways that is dangerous and unsafe all in the name of "extreme"

Ps fuck setting down a dead lift. Ima drop that shit cause im dead.(Not throw it down like crossfit)

Crossfit is fine if done correctly. Anything that you've seen that's "unsafe" is probably taught by someone who has no idea what they're doing. I've seen several cases where Crossfit has been proven effective and is perfectly safe. Don't believe everything people say just because they want to hate on the "new thing". I used to do the same thing until I actually educated myself on the sport and heard testimonials from real athletes or athletes from other sports who gave it a try. They all say it's fine. Just different strokes for different folks.

And when do people in Crossfit "throw it down"? Lol that doesn't even make sense with a deadlift. They throw down their snatches or clean & jerks after they've completed the lift, but so do olympic lifters, so...?
I lower my deads with no "control" because I'm usually lifting at 80-100% of my max, but I will never just drop it at lockout because I follow powerlifting "protocol". I know a lot of strongman athletes that will just straight up drop it once they achieve lockout, but that's because they've achieved their strength goal and are not required to do anything more. Different goals for different sports, ya feel?

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Crossfit is fine if done correctly. Anything that you've seen that's "unsafe" is probably taught by someone who has no idea what they're doing. I've seen several cases where Crossfit has been proven effective and is perfectly safe. Don't believe everything people say just because they want to hate on the "new thing". I used to do the same thing until I actually educated myself on the sport and heard testimonials from real athletes or athletes from other sports who gave it a try. They all say it's fine. Just different strokes for different folks.

And when do people in Crossfit "throw it down"? Lol that doesn't even make sense with a deadlift. They throw down their snatches or clean & jerks after they've completed the lift, but so do olympic lifters, so...?
I lower my deads with no "control" because I'm usually lifting at 80-100% of my max, but I will never just drop it at lockout because I follow powerlifting "protocol". I know a lot of strongman athletes that will just straight up drop it once they achieve lockout, but that's because they've achieved their strength goal and are not required to do anything more. Different goals for different sports, ya feel?

This just got way to technical for me.

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
fun fact: all you need to do to become a crossfit instructor is a weekend course. yep. that's all the training you need. so if you think crossfit is unsafe, it is likely a result of stories you heard from people who had instructors who didnt know what they were doing.

rblgti

Go Kart Champion
fun fact: all you need to do to become a crossfit instructor is a weekend course. yep. that's all the training you need. so if you think crossfit is unsafe, it is likely a result of stories you heard from people who had instructors who didnt know what they were doing.

Yup.

That's why I'd never go to a "box", as they call their gyms. Go to a gym that has oly lifting, powerlifting, strongman, etc. certifications and athletes as their trainers (what my gym has). THOSE guys know what they're doing, and the CrossFit program at my gym is actually kinda decent, from what I've seen.

Still would never do it, but I don't like cardio, so that's why lol

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Yup.

That's why I'd never go to a "box", as they call their gyms. Go to a gym that has oly lifting, powerlifting, strongman, etc. certifications and athletes as their trainers (what my gym has). THOSE guys know what they're doing, and the CrossFit program at my gym is actually kinda decent, from what I've seen.

Still would never do it, but I don't like cardio, so that's why lol

Why no love for the Cardio?

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie