GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Order Tracker

scientificharmony

Ready to race!
Just received this reply from the dealer. lol
-----------------------------------------

You need to allow 2 weeks for the build to go through so it might be next week before you see any movement.

Thanks

jivemonkey2000

Passed Driver's Ed
You might want to try @VWUKHelp on twitter..if you're that way inclined.

I got next to no update from the dealer, but these guys were able to tell me where on the production line my build was and where it was headed next (i.e. it had left the paint shop and on the way to production line to be built). Much more useful than dealer.

They also gave me plenty of updates WRT shipping, once I prodded them a bit.

scientificharmony

Ready to race!
they said this also...

Recently some of the cars have been taking longer to go through the build process. When we spoke to VW they told us we need to allow 2 weeks for the system to update as it's not updated on a daily basis. I think it's only done twice a week.

scientificharmony

Ready to race!
You might want to try @VWUKHelp on twitter..if you're that way inclined.

I got next to no update from the dealer, but these guys were able to tell me where on the production line my build was and where it was headed next (i.e. it had left the paint shop and on the way to production line to be built). Much more useful than dealer.

They also gave me plenty of updates WRT shipping, once I prodded them a bit.

ill try that,. Thanks

JCJ

Ready to race!
I have just had an e-mail today from my VW dealer who has informed me that my car has been built and is in transit to the UK. I just logged onto the VW Order Tracking and amazingly my car has jumped from 'Build Week Confirmed' to 'Build in Progress.' However, it can't be too accurate if VW dealer tells me it is on the way to the UK.

Dealer says they will telephone me to arrange to come in and see the car. Not sure if I want to as it was originally going to be arriving mid January to end of January and I'm collecting on1st March for new 14 plate registration. If I see the car too early I will be like a kid with the present under the tree desperate to receive it.

RealmOfConfusion

Ready to race!
Take it with a (very large) pinch of salt.

The tracker still shows my car as "arrived in the UK", but I actually picked it up from the dealer last Saturday :)

DW58

Go Kart Champion
The Order Tracking site is a guide at best and one often best suited to a bind person. As has been said umpteen times before, it's only updated once a week at the very best and some people's cars have still been showing as "Build in progress" when they hit UK shores. With reference to a post I made earlier today on a similar thread, the dealer's order tracking system is totally different and gives accurate albeit not quite real time information, hence the dealer can give you accurate information while the consumer level site is in a somewhat retarded time-warp.

zgap101

Ready to race!
I added the 5 year warranty and at the same time asked my dealer to check progress...

Tracker still shows "Build week confirmed"

Attachments

• 131212-tracker.jpg
    131212-tracker.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 474

zgap101

Ready to race!
And my dealer sent me a screenshot, with

your new car is 2 days old and is in transit from the factory within Germany
:)

Attachments

• 131212-image001.jpg
    131212-image001.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 625

Alfastring

Passed Driver's Ed
Does anyone have the contact number for customer services, I have given up with the dealer and my GTD has been in-transit for 3 weeks!!

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Three weeks is quite normal, there's been a lot of bad/stormy weather lately which will delay shipping, although two weeks is around the norm for a car to sit at Emden, three weeks isn't unusual.

Seeing your location as Suffolk, its difficult to know whether your car will arrive at Grimsby or Sheerness as you're pretty well bang in the middle between the two ports, but both have far more shipping traffic from Emden than Tyne, so you should have to wait much longer.

Of course the other possibility is that the Tracker is just way behind - your car could even be in the UK.

There's currently a car carrier called Emden (not one I'm familiar with) in Sheerness, and none in Grimsby. Weser Highway and Schelde Highway are both en-route to Grimsby and Ems Highway is en-route to Emden to load cars. Hopefully you'll have an update PDQ.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Can you contact Inchcape as they ought to have the same dealer screens I've posted earlier.