GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Opinions on Standard audio on GTi GTD

ChrisGTD

Passed Driver's Ed
What's people's views on the above? I presume they are the same on both.
My old 2005 Audi A4 Bose system beats it hands down for sound quality, you could crank it right up and still get a really crisp sound and the bass was brilliant for an OEM system.
My speakers seem to struggle a bit if I put the bass up too loud and at a decent volume

mcmaddy

Ready to race!
The standard system is fine but someone will be along to say it's rubbish and dynaudio is the best thing ever. Never had a problem with my gtd system.

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)
It's rubbish and dynaudio is the best thing ever.

You asked for that bud :D :D

ChrisGTD

Passed Driver's Ed
ha ha
I had a play with the mid range setting which seems to handle to bass at a higher volume now.
Does anyone know what brand the system is?

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)
From what I've seen on line (with the control unit removed from the glovebox), it seems that VW use multiple suppliers. I've seen Harman (from Harmon Kardon), Alpine and Panasonic.

Bit of a flippant reply above (that was purely for Chris's sake above :)). TBH, I've not heard the standard system, as the demo car I looked at in the showroom (a standard non sporty model) had the Dynaudio so that's what I ordered.

To be honest though McMaddy has he standard set up and he's commented a few times that it's perfectly acceptable.