GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OnePlus One or iPhone 6

vahdyx

Ready to race!
Hey guys,

I'm in a pickle here. I've owned literally ever flagship Android phone since the LG G2. My phone before that was the iPhone 5. I love Android, but I also hate it. Same goes for iOS. I'm not truly happy with either one.

I won't go into details about that right now but I'm in a unique position. Keep my iPhone 6 and refuse delivery of the OnePlus One or keep the OnePlus One and return my iPhone 6.

I know only I can answer what's best for me but wanted to reach out and perhaps get some help on this decision. I've been constantly battling myself for the past few days and it's now time to make the call.

Top reason why I want to keep the iPhone.

• It's a pretty phone that is good at everything but doesn't seem to excel at anything.

• App available and compatibility

• Accessory compatibility, it works a lot better in my car than Android does. Same goes for my alarm clock and home stereo system.

• iMessage. 90% of my friends are not tech savvy. They all use iPhone. So it's nice to be able to iMessage them and use that feature.

• Updates - I love getting updates on time.

• Fingerprint scanner - it's more than just the scanner. A lot of apps use it to authenticate like Amazon.

• Google - I can have a decent Google experience with iPhone with most Google apps being available on iOS. Not as good as Android but decent.

Now here's my reasons for wanting Android instead of iOS.

• More choice - not one of many. There's nothing special about the iPhone. Nothing sets you apart from someone else.

• Customized user interface. I can make my Android phone simple or complex. I can have all my apps in icons on my home screen to mimic iPhone or do something else entirely.

• Android L - Android L is a major jump for Android. Better looking UI, faster, safer, better for app developers with more APIs than iOS.

• Default Apps

• App remorse period - 15 minutes to decide if I wanna keep this app or not.

• Usable features - some are gimmicks but a lot of them I actually use to benefit my life.

• Price - Android loses value quickly which sucks but for someone that likes having a new phone it's a great thing. Selling my current flagship Android phone for $300 - $400 then buying a used Android flagship for roughly $400 - $500 is almost a wash. $100 to $200 for a new phone isn't bad and I get a new phone constantly. Thanks Swappa.

Now here's a quick why I hate each.

Android doesn't update on time... well most of them. Android phones sometimes have a compromise. HTC One M8 for example, everything was great minus camera, Galaxy S5 great minus software, etc. A stolen android phone is literally gone and free for anyone to use. Just load up recovery and wipe phone and it's theirs. App availability, there's just more apps available on iOS. Granted most big names are on both but some like APR tuning are not.

iOS is not very convenient to me. I hate having to re-sign into things after some time. It's like the app forgets I was signed in if it goes unused. I hate being forced to use Apple stuff when I don't want to. iOS can be classified as boring because it really is simple and sometimes simple is boring. iPhone unfortunately is expensive. I am using JUMP for this iPhone and after my $200 deposit and $28 a month I will have paid nearly $1000 for a phone. I'm sure resale will be great but do I want this phone for two years?

Anyway please offer me any insight you have.

Remember this is about me not you so please don't fight.

razr390

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys,

I'm in a pickle here. I've owned literally ever flagship Android phone since the LG G2. My phone before that was the iPhone 5. I love Android, but I also hate it. Same goes for iOS. I'm not truly happy with either one.

I won't go into details about that right now but I'm in a unique position. Keep my iPhone 6 and refuse delivery of the OnePlus One or keep the OnePlus One and return my iPhone 6.

I know only I can answer what's best for me but wanted to reach out and perhaps get some help on this decision. I've been constantly battling myself for the past few days and it's now time to make the call.

Top reason why I want to keep the iPhone.

• It's a pretty phone that is good at everything but doesn't seem to excel at anything.

• App available and compatibility

• Accessory compatibility, it works a lot better in my car than Android does. Same goes for my alarm clock and home stereo system.

• iMessage. 90% of my friends are not tech savvy. They all use iPhone. So it's nice to be able to iMessage them and use that feature.

• Updates - I love getting updates on time.

• Fingerprint scanner - it's more than just the scanner. A lot of apps use it to authenticate like Amazon.

• Google - I can have a decent Google experience with iPhone with most Google apps being available on iOS. Not as good as Android but decent.

Now here's my reasons for wanting Android instead of iOS.

• More choice - not one of many. There's nothing special about the iPhone. Nothing sets you apart from someone else.

• Customized user interface. I can make my Android phone simple or complex. I can have all my apps in icons on my home screen to mimic iPhone or do something else entirely.

• Android L - Android L is a major jump for Android. Better looking UI, faster, safer, better for app developers with more APIs than iOS.

• Default Apps

• App remorse period - 15 minutes to decide if I wanna keep this app or not.

• Usable features - some are gimmicks but a lot of them I actually use to benefit my life.

• Price - Android loses value quickly which sucks but for someone that likes having a new phone it's a great thing. Selling my current flagship Android phone for $300 - $400 then buying a used Android flagship for roughly $400 - $500 is almost a wash. $100 to $200 for a new phone isn't bad and I get a new phone constantly. Thanks Swappa.

Now here's a quick why I hate each.

Android doesn't update on time... well most of them. Android phones sometimes have a compromise. HTC One M8 for example, everything was great minus camera, Galaxy S5 great minus software, etc. A stolen android phone is literally gone and free for anyone to use. Just load up recovery and wipe phone and it's theirs. App availability, there's just more apps available on iOS. Granted most big names are on both but some like APR tuning are not.

iOS is not very convenient to me. I hate having to re-sign into things after some time. It's like the app forgets I was signed in if it goes unused. I hate being forced to use Apple stuff when I don't want to. iOS can be classified as boring because it really is simple and sometimes simple is boring. iPhone unfortunately is expensive. I am using JUMP for this iPhone and after my $200 deposit and $28 a month I will have paid nearly $1000 for a phone. I'm sure resale will be great but do I want this phone for two years?

Anyway please offer me any insight you have.

Remember this is about me not you so please don't fight.

I used both Android and iOS.

I currently use iOS because I prefer a phone that just works, I have no time to make "custom interfaces" and whatnot. The phone does what it needs to do and does it well.

Android was laggy and I was on the latest OS on a somewhat flagship phone, the Droid ULTRA (Verizon only). I got the update first, because Motorola makes Droid and Motorola is owned by Google. Anyways, it all comes down to personal preference. I like when everything flows, and the features in Android phones are released first just to say that they have them, whereas if they come in at a later time on iOS devices it's because they are fine-tuned and refined for the user.

My $0.02, at the end of the day the phone that works best for YOU is the phone that YOU should get.

nuggstein

Go Kart Champion
I have been an avid Android user after the whole Blackberry thing phased out. I am thinking about ditching my HTC One (which has been my favorite phone I have ever used) for an iPhone; however, my two huge gripes are:

- No stereo speakers
- No 1080x1920 resolution unless I went with the iPhone 6 Plus, which is enormous. What were they thinking?!

vahdyx

Ready to race!
Android lag seems to be a thing but less on certain android phones and even non existent. Which is a shame that it's hit or miss on some phones.

It's my understanding that Android L operates at 60 frames per second. So lag should be null and void but when will you get it is the problem right?

Thanks for some of the insight on your opinions. I'm still up in the air but I'm leaning on keepin the iPhone.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
I have been an avid Android user after the whole Blackberry thing phased out. I am thinking about ditching my HTC One (which has been my favorite phone I have ever used) for an iPhone; however, my two huge gripes are:

- No stereo speakers
- No 1080x1920 resolution unless I went with the iPhone 6 Plus, which is enormous. What were they thinking?!

While I agree about stereo speaker, I seriously have been in two situations in 6 years where it would have mattered. Two. Like seriously, when aren't you listening to audio via headphones/car/or home stereo? I mean that time when I showed a music video to my friend and it didn't play in stereo was awful and shameful:laugh:

About the screen, here is some good info:
http://www.cnet.com/news/screens-test-apple-iphone-6-vs-iphone-6-plus-vs-samsung-galaxy-s5/

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
While I agree about stereo speaker, I seriously have been in two situations in 6 years where it would have mattered. Two. Like seriously, when aren't you listening to audio via headphones/car/or home stereo? I mean that time when I showed a music video to my friend and it didn't play in stereo was awful and shameful:laugh:

http://www.cnet.com/news/screens-test-apple-iphone-6-vs-iphone-6-plus-vs-samsung-galaxy-s5/

Really?
I've played a bunch of YouTube videos on my phone during the holidays

nuggstein

Go Kart Champion
Android lag seems to be a thing but less on certain android phones and even non existent. Which is a shame that it's hit or miss on some phones.

It's my understanding that Android L operates at 60 frames per second. So lag should be null and void but when will you get it is the problem right?

Thanks for some of the insight on your opinions. I'm still up in the air but I'm leaning on keepin the iPhone.
I disagree with the lag. Most of the newer flagship phones are fine. Every since Google implemented "Project Butter" in the more recent versions of Android, it's basically as smooth as an iPhone.

Resolution means a lot to me.

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
Videos where you are looking for the HD home-theater-in-a-hand experience that would be completely ruined if the audio wasn't true Dolby stereo?

Most audio is ruined when 20+ ppl start singing in unison

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
I disagree with the lag. Most of the newer flagship phones are fine. Every since Google implemented "Project Butter" in the more recent versions of Android, it's basically as smooth as an iPhone.

Resolution means a lot to me.

You'd have to hold the phone 4 inches from your eyes to even notice :laugh:

Did you read the article? Overall, the resolution it's not much of a compromise at all.

Renner

Go Kart Champion
Anyone want a Unlocked iPhone 6 64GB in Gold? I will sell it for $860 shipped with paypal fee included. Its in a sealed box never been opened. going to return to apple next week if nobody wants it. Can ship out USPS priority same day you pay so you dont have to wait for Apple

PM me if you want it...thanks