GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Oil change service

Hugo Nebula

Ready to race!
What's involved in an oil change service (at 10,000 miles)? Is it literally an oil and filter change, or is it a 'service' as I would understand it (i.e. check lights, faults, etc.)?

My dealer quoted £169, which is exorbitant for just an oil change.

mickR

Ready to race!
If it is a 'service' they supposedly carry out checks on various parts of the car, as well as the actual oil and filter change. I had an oil & filter change (not service) carried out on my car in between scheduled service and dealer charged about £75.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
Charge might not be so outrageous after all. Have you seen where the oil filter is on the Mk7 TDI? It's a complete clusterfarkle to get at. Can only be reached from under the car, and even then, a buttload of hoses and cables have to be slithered through to get at the bugger. Really lousy engineering by VW.

Nyanga

Ready to race!
You can get a 2 or 3 or 4 year VW Fixed Price Service Plan at £15.99 per month provided car is still new (under 90 days from registration).

They are:

2 years / 20,000 miles £15.99 x 18 payments
3 years / 30,000 miles £15.99 x 24 payments
4 years / 40,000 miles £15.99 x 36 payments

I have taken out the 4 years one. It looks a good deal.

The plan can be used at any VW garage (like if you move towns) and is also transferable if you sell the car.

TheDoc46

Ready to race!
I took the extra two yrs for $150.. 1st year being free. I guess for $75, oil and filter, plus not having to crawl under the car myself, that's not too bad.

Any more though and i'd not of said go for it.