Car(s)
GTI PP
IMG_20210424_145358_resized_20210424_040951741.jpg
IMG_20210424_143750_resized_20210424_040952545.jpg

pnwgti

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2021 Golf GTI SE
Bought a roof rack and put the basket on. There’s a bit of wind noise and lost about 2 mpg.

Also changed the APR stage one high torque down to the low torque file. The high torque was great but at WOT 3rd and up, the turbo would surge/flutter making the power delivery feel uneven- if that makes sense. Anyway, talked to the tuning shop and they didn’t really have much to say except to change the tune. So went with the low torque file and the power delivery is much better and no more flutter. Since the car is a 2021, APR doesn’t have a TCU file available yet.. and I’m not certain if other companies have it either. So low torque until TCU is available!
CF9DD4DD-7403-4A24-ADC4-04ABED38583B.jpeg

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Bought a roof rack and put the basket on. There’s a bit of wind noise and lost about 2 mpg.

Also changed the APR stage one high torque down to the low torque file. The high torque was great but at WOT 3rd and up, the turbo would surge/flutter making the power delivery feel uneven- if that makes sense. Anyway, talked to the tuning shop and they didn’t really have much to say except to change the tune. So went with the low torque file and the power delivery is much better and no more flutter. Since the car is a 2021, APR doesn’t have a TCU file available yet.. and I’m not certain if other companies have it either. So low torque until TCU is available!View attachment 212028
Isn’t power delivery super weird till you also tune the dsg too?
I have the dsg tune with the high tq tune. Had the low tq stage 1 with dsg before hand. Both felt plenty smooth

pnwgti

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2021 Golf GTI SE
Isn’t power delivery super weird till you also tune the dsg too?
I have the dsg tune with the high tq tune. Had the low tq stage 1 with dsg before hand. Both felt plenty smooth
From what I’ve read, yes.

I searched like crazy to see if anyone has had the same issue but really couldn’t find anything. Best way I can describe the surging thing is that it felt like the boost would peak then drop for a split second the peak and drop etc.. I even put a GFB diverter valve and still had the problem but it made the flutter much more audible. Doesn’t happen with the low torque file for some reason though.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
From what I’ve read, yes.

I searched like crazy to see if anyone has had the same issue but really couldn’t find anything. Best way I can describe the surging thing is that it felt like the boost would peak then drop for a split second the peak and drop etc.. I even put a GFB diverter valve and still had the problem but it made the flutter much more audible. Doesn’t happen with the low torque file for some reason though.
i see, i wouldnt have written off the tune till the dsg was also tuned too