GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official APEX VW VS-5RS Forged 17" & 18" Wheel Thread

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Not a fan of most of their colors, but that's what powdercoating is for. Their group buy discount isn't worth getting a shitty color IMO.
Aren't you a track rat? I ran powder coated wheels on my M Coupe, but always heard from track rats that I was gonna die because of the extra heat it introduced to the wheels to cure them. I did my best to prove them wrong, but it was always in the back of my mind.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Aren't you a track rat? I ran powder coated wheels on my M Coupe, but always heard from track rats that I was gonna die because of the extra heat it introduced to the wheels to cure them. I did my best to prove them wrong, but it was always in the back of my mind.
as a blanket statement about "extra heat" that sounds absurd to me. you see way more heat from the brakes.

there's probably a very specific threshold of time at a specific temperature threshold that depends on the alloy being used that might over-age the aluminum, but I doubt that's a problem if someone knows what they're doing. plenty of wheels come powder-coated from factory.

personally, yes, I like to take my car to the track and you can't really afford to care about the color of your wheels so anthracite/matte black is fine. the hyper black/gloss black wheels I have are curbed and will get sandblasted and powdercoated over the winter.

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
Not to be a dick, but get in earlier? I knew I wanted brushed, but if I still had my Reflex Silver car, I'd 100% be getting bronze. None of the other colors would work on RS, at least to my eyes. But hell, I'd out bronze on a gold Camry...
I was #7 or some shit, literally the first one to post in this thread. I was early as fuck. Paid the same day it was announced. When did you order yours? Because it stands to reason that if you wanted and got silver, and I ordered before you did, something is wonky.

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
Hey, I need to cancel my order. Anthracite is a hard no. What happened to the brushed finish?
Hey there,

Sorry for the delay and confusion on all of this, I have not seen anything come through on my end about you reaching out regarding your order issue. I am going to work with our CS team to figure out what the situation is with finish allocations and I will call you shortly to discuss options and get you sorted. I have your order held for the meantime so no need to worry about the AN wheels shipping out before we get this dilemma cleared up.

Talk soon!

-Geirsen

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
Hey there,

Sorry for the delay and confusion on all of this, I have not seen anything come through on my end about you reaching out regarding your order issue. I am going to work with our CS team to figure out what the situation is with finish allocations and I will call you shortly to discuss options and get you sorted. I have your order held for the meantime so no need to worry about the AN wheels shipping out before we get this dilemma cleared up.

Talk soon!

-Geirsen
I appreciate the call. Still pretty cheesed about it, but it is what it is at this point.

ER9240

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
They’re here…!

I sent an email earlier today asking about a shipping ETA, and the big brown truck showed up less than a half hour later.

These things are gorgeous!

7206930D-30CE-44BD-BB0B-10DFBF415400.jpeg

nosmirk

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
7.5 DSG
Would love those w/ a shot peened surface. Structural overkill and prohibitively expensive? sure, but it'd look amazing.