GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Oettinger rear spoiler installed today.

patrick_b

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE 6MT
I tried the ECS carbon fiber spoiler but it just didn't work out in terms of fit and I wasn't crazy about the look. ECS was great about the return. Bit the bullet and bought the Oettinger from my local VW dealer (about $50 less expensive than ECS) and just had it painted and installed. Paint color match came out near perfect but it wasn't cheap at $300 including install. I'm so much happier with the look so it's worth it for me.

DSC00391.jpg
DSC00396.jpg
DSC00404.jpg

DSC00374.jpg

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
hard to beat that look! i'd kill for the oettinger front grille (discontinued a while back)

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
No it uses a combination of 3M and an adhesive. I didn't even bother trying the install myself. Body shop had it for paint so for an extra $50, they did a great job.
Oh I see. Thanks for the info! I definitely want to buy one soon. Looks like I’ll have to set aside 600-700$

fabr

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 golf R
got my ottinger for 420 plus shipping and taxes here in ca from a vw dealer. total ablout 480
oryx 3 stages paint job 300
i installed myself
used betalink1 , no cheap from bimmerworld
lot of prep on the oettinger and stock spoiler. took me awhile
i had to "massage" it a little , because wasn t precise 100%. off now about 1/16 only. i bet only me can see, i m kinda sick lol
used suction clamps and large blue mask tape to hold firmily in place . set up 24 hours
very happy with the results
dont mind share more infos if you need

Attachments

• DSC07844.JPG
    DSC07844.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 443

patrick_b

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE 6MT
got my ottinger for 420 plus shipping and taxes here in ca from a vw dealer. total ablout 480
i installed myself
i had to "massage" it a little , because wasn t precise 100%. off now about 1/16 only. i bet only me can see, i m kinda sick lol
used suction clamps and large blue mask tape to hold firmily in place . set up 24 hours
Looks great!

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel
Love the look of this spoiler. Thinking of picking a replica up already painted but unsure on install. What went into installation.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
T
i installed myself
That looks great