GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OEM Lip Kit unpainted?

anjoVW

Ready to race!
Anyone have pics with the full oem lip kit(front lip, skirts, rear valance) installed and left as it is black? I have a white 2 door 1.8t, thought it'd be pretty nice looking to have a black white contrast thing going.

paulkromz

Drag Racing Champion
what you fail to realize is that you are asking for two different things. The OEM isht is primered from the factory. Black / white contrast thing you are asking for requires the parts to be painted.

I am going color matched.

Are you referring to a textured ABS style ?

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
That would require paint as said. Further more it would be hideous. Treat your brand new car with more respect than a 15 year old civic please.

anjoVW

Ready to race!
what you fail to realize is that you are asking for two different things. The OEM isht is primered from the factory. Black / white contrast thing you are asking for requires the parts to be painted.

I am going color matched.

Are you referring to a textured ABS style ?

Was saying because for cars in the past I've seen oem lips/ lips in general were black originally unpainted. I mean i don't mind painting them black if I need to. Just a thought thrown out there to try to be different, of course sometimes being different can be either good or terrible ideas.

Davey Jones

Ready to race!
That would require paint as said. Further more it would be hideous. Treat your brand new car with more respect than a 15 year old civic please.

lol.

Yea, if you want it black, that would look good. But you should have it primed and painted black.

anjoVW

Ready to race!
Derp I'm dumb, those are poly black lips I was referring to lol nor primered.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
well nobody knows everything.... the maxton front lip is ABS style....

The maxton design is a splitter style which is designed to be run unpainted. The kit he is talking about actually goes over the lower part of the bumper and is clearly meant to be color matched.

anjoVW

Ready to race!

I'm in no way trying to screw up my car, sorry if what I asked sounded like a dumb idea. Open to suggestions as well as corrections on anything though.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
I'm in no way trying to screw up my car, sorry if what I asked sounded like a dumb idea. Open to suggestions as well as corrections on anything though.

Step 1 color match the body pieces
Step 2 install
Step 3 profit