GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Obdeleven standard help

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Yeah I'm thinking that's the best idea at this point. They did ask me if I wanted to pay $800 for a lifetime gps system so maybe that is related to it?
I can't see how that would be related. Unless you use navigation a lot I would just use Google maps.

cb1111

I suspect that the add that crap to every car on the lot and then try to sell it to you.

I'm not convinced that your OBD port is too large. Most ports are somewhat angled - I suspect it is the same size - just a different design.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I suspect that the add that crap to every car on the lot and then try to sell it to you.

I'm not convinced that your OBD port is too large. Most ports are somewhat angled - I suspect it is the same size - just a different design.
What about the ears?

cb1111

What about the ears?
If you look at the original design, you'll see how it slants on the sides - narrower at the bottom, wider on top.

Now, draw an imaginary line from the bottom straight up (instead of slanted and stop where the bottom of the ears are. remove the excess plastic and you have an OBD port with ears.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
If you look at the original design, you'll see how it slants on the sides - narrower at the bottom, wider on top.

Now, draw an imaginary line from the bottom straight up (instead of slanted and stop where the bottom of the ears are. remove the excess plastic and you have an OBD port with ears.
I know they've always been wider and then narrow but his OBD dongle won't fit over the ears. His is the only one I've seen with those ears.

VWeGoBeachNow

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7.5 DIBM AB 6sp MT
I know they've always been wider and then narrow but his OBD dongle won't fit over the ears. His is the only one I've seen with those ears.
The one I have is not angled as much on the sides like everyone else.

Attachments

• 20210402_180626.jpg
    20210402_180626.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 73

relive

Ready to race!
Looking at your latest picture, which is much clearer, it looks a lot like this:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/tt-mk1-discussion-9/not-familiar-obd2-port-2755691/

What looked like "ears" initially now looks like the "big" side of the typical trapezoid shaped ODB2 port. If you draw a line from the "ears" to the slanted part of the smaller side, it will be a straight line. Instead of the "ears" being an extra piece of plastic, it looks like your OBD2 port just has some plastic shaved off on the sides.