GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OBDeleven: changing temp & fuel gauge display - digital cockpit

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
On US-spec '19 R's, the temp & fuel gauge displays use the archaic C___H & E___F labels, like your grandpa's '58 Ford...

Every other market in the world (from what I can gather) gets a more euro-like traditional display. I know this can be enabled for either US-spec cars (or perhaps via coding it for the UK?) because I've seen shots like this.. this was a Sportwagen conversion, with degrees F shown on the temp side. The cluster itself was clearly not original because it has the ROW idiot light for the parking brake...

So my question is - how to code this with OBDeleven without screwing up something else in the process? A super minor thing but annoys me to know it *can* be fixed somehow. Thanks for any tips.

Last edited:

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I can tell by the poor vinyl wrap job and 5k redline that this picture is my Golf TDI S dash, lolol. Car is in the shop being lowered (properly this time) but when I get it back after the new year I can pull the long-coding and adaptation map and share them. I don't recall ever seeing the C____H or E____F indications though, even when I first connected to test, before coding.

The dealer did my basic coding (although incompletely as they didn't set odometer, I didn't notice until first time filling the tank when I checked odometer, as it's not shown when CC is enabled... pisses me off, car had over 20k on it when that pic was taken ?‍♂️ ). I did the additional coding to enable maps and set theme; I think Alltrack in that picture but been running the R theme (without the R logo) as of late.