GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Obd11 Needle Sweep

MysticBlueX3

Ready to race!
Another obd11 question. Trying to code the needle sweep on my 2017 Golf. For the life of me I can’t find the instrument module. I tried looking in Central Electronics and Instrument Display but nothing. I think on 2017 the naming convention started to be different. For example. For the auto up down windows with key fob, everything online says go into Comforr Access 2. On my 2017 Golf. I had to go into ZV Komfort. Any one did the needle sweep on their 2017 can point me to the right direction? Much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tigeo

Autocross Champion

MysticBlueX3

Ready to race!
Yes. I tried that but it gives me an error code saying “function not available” when I try to save the setting. I’ve read that the needle sweep doesn’t work for facelifted models. I noticed that obd11 recognize it’s a 2017 Golf but the picture shows the face lifted model. I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MysticBlueX3

Ready to race!
Update.
I gave up on this mod for awhile. Then I decided to give it another go since I was in there coding my new 7.5 style LED tails. At first, it gave me the same error that that it couldn’t save the new settings. I tried a few different ways of changing it and one time it say it can not save because the rpm was too high. I thought that was weird as the car was just idling (the coding for the LED tails were pretty long so I left the car running to save the battery). Then I thought, let me try it with the car off. And guess what? It worked! Turns out you just needed the car to be off. I guess I had the car running during my previous attempts. So glad I was able to get this done!