GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OBD Stand Alone Multi Gauges

Knifebright

Go Kart Newbie
P3 with an atmospheric boost tap an option for ya? If not a spare tablet should be perfect. I live in Oakland so I can‘t leave my AP in the car if I want to keep it another day LOL.

AquaTone61

Car(s)
2015 GTI SE DSG
I just picked up a scangauge ii and I like it, I just have to figure out where I'm going to put it. They have this x-gauge function now where you can enter #'s and unlock data specific for certain cars. Automatic trans temp and other data for 14+ VW/Aud/Porsche vehicles.

2014+ VW / Audi / Porsche with Automatic Transmissions »

nosmirk

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
7.5 DSG
I just picked up a scangauge ii and I like it, I just have to figure out where I'm going to put it. They have this x-gauge function now where you can enter #'s and unlock data specific for certain cars. Automatic trans temp and other data for 14+ VW/Aud/Porsche vehicles.

2014+ VW / Audi / Porsche with Automatic Transmissions »

Two easy (non-destructive) places I've tried...

Mount to steering column in front of the Odo reset button and use the center back socket or below the Tach and plug into the right side.
Route the cable down along the column and thru the gap in the fabric, cable tie the slack.

I've also seen someone mount to the coin drawer so it can be hidden when not needed. (SG3 should fit really well)
If you don't plan on adjusting the left a/c vent airflow, you can mount it in front of the shut-off switch.

They have windshield suction cup mount and I think there were a few other 3rd party dashtop cradle mounts. You can also repurpose a vent mounted phone clamp.
I was also toying with utilizing the useless window for a goose-neck suction cup phone mount and routing the cable up the left side weather seal.