GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OBD plug help needed

MK7Boostedbliss

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys picked up a clean 2017 gti. I noticed during my burger tune install my obd plug seemed loose. I had the dealer take a look and they said bracket 5q0 971 845 is broken. I’ve pictured that bracket and yes I see where it’s broken but it seems like I need something else? What does that hook onto to keep it in place ?
I can see that the 845 and the purple connector lock together but then what??

Dealer said it’s not under warranty. Whatever that’s fine. Just want to fix it...anyone have any pics to share?

Sorry the purple connector pic is blurry I can take another.

MK7Boostedbliss

Passed Driver's Ed
I'd be more worried about how it broke in the first place and why this isn't warranty.

Who knows. Could just be a jackass smog tech...but the lower panel screws have been out before. I checked it out again today putting the burger tune back in. The bracket is broken and missing the part that slides into place holding it.

They said it wasn’t warranty because the bracket was installed backwards aka clearly messed with....

I’ll call the other dealer I get parts at and see what he can do for me on it. The plug is easier to use now that that bracket is off it.

cb1111

Who knows. Could just be a jackass smog tech...but the lower panel screws have been out before. I checked it out again today putting the burger tune back in. The bracket is broken and missing the part that slides into place holding it.

They said it wasn’t warranty because the bracket was installed backwards aka clearly messed with....

I’ll call the other dealer I get parts at and see what he can do for me on it. The plug is easier to use now that that bracket is off it.
Since the bracket was installed backwards, I'd be concerned what the previous owner did.

MK7Boostedbliss

Passed Driver's Ed
The previous owner was just a sales manager. He paid Vw techs on the side to do the customer Pay work so either a tech or smog tech broke it. Water under the bridge to me....I’ll see if we can maybe cover it under my 90 day warranty

Terriquez88

Go Kart Champion
Does anyone know how to Install the 5q0 971 845 bracket? My obd is just hanging and I Would like to do the work myself? Btw, I know this is an old thread but I was hoping someone can shed some light.