GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

o2 sensor cel upstream and downstream?

ghalbart85

Passed Driver's Ed
Throwing multiple codes here. So background information.

Initial setup was jb1 with CTS catted pipe with spacer from cts. Cel light stayed off then came on. Eventually due to the angle of the spacer the wiring frayed. My poor installation. The cel was on during this time letting me know about the bank 1 sensor 2. Also at this time the bank 1 sensor 1 code came on for the upstream sensor. No visual issues there. I checked the the signal wire with a voltmeter and said I was running at 45 mv which indicated a poor sensor.

Recently I replaced the downstream unit, removed the spacer, removed jb1, and flashed uni stage 2. Same codes, replaced the upstream sensor due to the possible faultiness from voltmeter test. No dice still running the same four codes.

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201222-191714_OBDeleven.jpg
    Screenshot_20201222-191714_OBDeleven.jpg
    843.9 KB · Views: 81
  • Screenshot_20201222-191649_OBDeleven.jpg
    Screenshot_20201222-191649_OBDeleven.jpg
    841.6 KB · Views: 79

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
When reset do the same codes pop back up right away?

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Did you return to a stock map before you flashed Uni stage 2? Can/have you tried flashing to stock and flashing back to stage 2? Weird you'd be seeing any CEL for O2 with a stage 2 flash, I thought you could run catless with stage 2 without issue.

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7
Did you return to a stock map before you flashed Uni stage 2? Can/have you tried flashing to stock and flashing back to stage 2? Weird you'd be seeing any CEL for O2 with a stage 2 flash, I thought you could run catless with stage 2 without issue.

Some stage 2 tunes don't disable the downstream O2 sensor.

OP, how old is your CTS downpipe? Did you buy it used or new?

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Some stage 2 tunes don't disable the downstream O2 sensor.

OP, how old is your CTS downpipe? Did you buy it used or new?
True. I checked the Uni site after posting and it looks like stage 2 recommends their pipe, which is a 3" 200 cell high flow catted DP.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Is it possible their is a fuse specific to those sensors that may have popped when the wires frayed?

Last edited:

ghalbart85

Passed Driver's Ed
Just incase someone searches this. Found the culprit. It was the o2 sensor fuse. Most likely blew at some point after the wiring frayed. Something I should have checked right away.

Btw the cts dp was new.

Thanks for chiming in.