GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

No one bought the golf 40 years special edition?

pettros

Its quite funny because this is almost the same car that I recently collected. I think the 40yr special wasn't offered to Finland because it was never offered to me when ordering.

Probably it has to do with the marketing of each country. The 40 years golf edition is available only in some countries for example:
Germany
Belgium
Greece
Denmark
Spain

In each country the standard equipment is different same as the optional extras..

In some other countries there is no version called "edition" . For example:
Italy

pmcguire

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for the info Pettros, I'm glad it wasn't offered here because I would have really wanted it.
That sounds silly but I didn't know this existed until yesterday, if it would have been possible to buy this 3 months ago, but nobody told me...well :mad:

pettros

Thanks for the info Pettros, I'm glad it wasn't offered here because I would have really wanted it.
That sounds silly but I didn't know this existed until yesterday, if it would have been possible to buy this 3 months ago, but nobody told me...well :mad:

You are welcome!
I was going for the highline version. Then running through VW web page I noticed that at same price was the golf edition.. The seller never mention about this option.. So I had to choose between:

Highline

16" "Dover" alloys (had to pay extra 700 euro for 17")
Sports textil/Alcadara seats
Normal suspension
Piano black dash interior (looks nice)
Ambient Light package
5,8" Composition Media
Multifunction Steering Wheel

Edition

R Line ext. package

17" "Singapore" alloys
Ergoactive seats :)
Sport suspension -Had to add DCC for 920 euro in case it was to stiff
Brushed Aluminum dash interior (not my favorite..:mad:)
No Ambient light Package, not even as option... :(
5,0" Composition Color (+230 euro for the 5,8")
No multifunction steering wheel (included in the comfort package)

If i have chosen the Highline adding seats, alloys, R-line exterior package it would be significantly more expensive..

Last edited:

Mark-7

I also have an edition-40 (Ireland)
Such a beautiful car - same as OP - in the light brown metallic.

Intended on buying a high line spec but dealer had edition-40 as a demo for himself in the showroom before Christmas. Was streets ahead of the high line so picked the edition-40.

pettros

I also have an edition-40 (Ireland)
Such a beautiful car - same as OP - in the light brown metallic.

Intended on buying a high line spec but dealer had edition-40 as a demo for himself in the showroom before Christmas. Was streets ahead of the high line so picked the edition-40.

Definitely a good choice! Enjoy it!;)

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Mk.V 2008

Deuxi

Passed Driver's Ed
hey Pettros did you order it ? when will you receive it? i still don't have mine...should be end of feb but i'm making my mind for receiving it in mid march has i never have answers from the dealer...

Has usual once you place your order...no more service then...they just forget about you...at least in belgium.

pettros

hey Pettros did you order it ? when will you receive it? i still don't have mine...should be end of feb but i'm making my mind for receiving it in mid march has i never have answers from the dealer...

Has usual once you place your order...no more service then...they just forget about you...at least in belgium.
Hi Deuxi. I placed my order on 19/1. The dealer told me that on 20/2 that means tomorrow I will know the exact built week. But normally I should get the car after 3 - 3.5 months after the order. . But I am not so optimistic. . I hope to get the car end of April.
As far as I know in UK the customers can track the order of the car. Do you have a built week? I think you should insist for more information from your dealer...

Another supprise for me was the following. .. A few days ago i was informed by the dealer for a recent price rise from VW in all models. In my case this is about 400 euro. .. This is really bad... And of course I am not thinking about the case of getting out from euro zone (if you are familiar with the latest news from the European union economist congress.. ). This could be a very bad senario meaning that the price of the golf could rise so much and probably I will have to cancell my order and lose a part of my advanced payment... But in this case I prefer to be optimistic! !

p.s. in this topic you could find useful info regarding delivery time.

Last edited:

Deuxi

Passed Driver's Ed
Finaly i'll be receiving mine next week on thursday morning...i'll post you the final pictures of the Edition Wolfsburg selled in Belgium ^^

pettros

Finaly i'll be receiving mine next week on thursday morning...i'll post you the final pictures of the Edition Wolfsburg selled in Belgium ^^

Thats great news Deuxi! Yes definitely you must post photos!

About my order.. It has been delayed because I had to agree adding the factory alarm. It's in the same package with the key less option and the dealer didn't know about this when I first placed the order .. Anyway.. Build week is 18 and delivery week 22 (2 months from now) .. It's going to be a long spring...

Today I will visit the dealer to see live one "Edition" Golf which has just arrived in my town. I might post a couple of photos..

Deuxi

Passed Driver's Ed
Thats great news Deuxi! Yes definitely you must post photos!

About my order.. It has been delayed because I had to agree adding the factory alarm. It's in the same package with the key less option and the dealer didn't know about this when I first placed the order .. Anyway.. Build week is 18 and delivery week 22 (2 months from now) .. It's going to be a long spring...

Today I will visit the dealer to see live one "Edition" Golf which has just arrived in my town. I might post a couple of photos..

oh man i feel realy sry for you... :( :( :(

Hey its a fault from the dealer maybe you can ask for something in return..???

2 more month is huge....its almost the normal wait time...

pettros

oh man i feel realy sry for you... :( :( :(

Hey its a fault from the dealer maybe you can ask for something in return..???

2 more month is huge....its almost the normal wait time...

I am sorry too but there is nothing I can do.. When I placed the order (19/1) I was told that usually it takes 3-3.5 months.. In my case it will be 4.5 months..
Anyway.. Here are some Golf Edition 1.2 TSI photos. Arrived today in my local dealer! It looks really nice!

Deuxi

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes it does!! The windows seem tinted that is awsome!!

D-2 for mine...The worst part is that I have to go to work directly from the dealer ... can't even enjoy it...

Actualy: 1 day 14h and around 35 minutes i think :) :) :)

VW GOLF MK7 HIGHLINE "40 YEARS EDITION" LIGHT BROWN

Last edited:

pettros

Yes it does!! The windows seem tinted that is awsome!!

D-2 for mine...The worst part is that I have to go to work directly from the dealer ... can't even enjoy it...

Actualy: 1 day 14h and around 35 minutes i think :) :) :)

VW GOLF MK7 HIGHLINE "40 YEARS EDITION" LIGHT BROWN

There is a standard light green tint. The optional tint is just for the 2 rear and back windows and it is much darker.

I would definitely ask for a day off! I don't think I could work the day of delivery.. ;)