GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

No bass one day, bass the next?

kevinkar

Drag Racing Champion
So yesterday I got in to my car (2018 R) to go to work and my media started playing off the SD card as usual. It sounded a bit harsh and I thought that was interesting. Next song played and, sure enough, pretty much all treble. I started messing with the fader and found very poor sound from the back of the car and no bass. Got to work and figured I'd mess with it later. Went home that night and played with the subwoofer and bass settings on the drive home but I couldn't really hear much bass if any.

When I got home I rebooted the head unit (hold power button down until it restarted) but didn't sit in the car to experiment any more (beer was waiting) nor did I play music or test tones and listen to every speaker. Today I got in the car and backed up a few songs I had issues with earlier but they were all fine. Played with the sub and bass sliders again and there was definitely bass.

Not sure what's going on here; loose connection or a bad amp. Rebooting appears to have "fixed" it for now. So I'll see what happens.

Just wondering if anyone has had this happen and what you think might be going on. I'll have to toss in a test tone CD this weekend and see how all the speakers are doing. Not thrilled if I have to bring it in for warranty work but will if it happens again.

Thanks

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
I've seen folks mention the Helix is stiff and won't work in extreme cold but this time of year doubtful. My guess would be sub didn't boot up

kevinkar

Drag Racing Champion
Yeah, I don't know what the electronics are in this system but if it needs a "trigger voltage" to turn it on I can see it not working due to that. I'll have to pop it out and check the connector and make sure it's tight.