Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 194

BigCanoe

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
oooh...so I buy each one separately? Ouch. And then I can change them, like one tank 87 tune and the next 93 tune? Thank you!

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
oooh...so I buy each one separately? Ouch. And then I can change them, like one tank 87 tune and the next 93 tune? Thank you!
Negative. You can't flash it yourself. You pick a tune, go to a dealer and get it flashed. If you get a 93 tune, you keep putting 93 gas in there. You can maybe get away with 91 in a pinch if you dont floor it for the tank. I wouldn't making a habit of that. You could just get a 87 tune and put in 87, 89, 91, 93. It won't really adjust, but it will be safe to do.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
If you go with Unitronic's Stage 1+ which requires 93, you also get the Stage 1 (91) that can flash too as well as stock. Unitronic allows you to do this vs. APR which is only completed at APR dealers. Not sure if this is the same with APR i.e. Stage 1 93 pays for the 91 and 87...no sure but you would still need to go the APR dealer to have the flash done with may have costs.

Last edited:

BigCanoe

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Ah good to know! I thought APR used to have a way to use the cruise control to change tunes, but those days may be long gone. With Uni, I would need to buy the cable, but may be worth it.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Ah good to know! I thought APR used to have a way to use the cruise control to change tunes, but those days may be long gone. With Uni, I would need to buy the cable, but may be worth it.[/QUOTE

Yes, no more multi-tunes loaded on ECU. The Uni cable is $150.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Ah good to know! I thought APR used to have a way to use the cruise control to change tunes, but those days may be long gone. With Uni, I would need to buy the cable, but may be worth it.

Yeah that was the MK5/6 days. Dunno why they never added that functionality for MK7. They're a pretty typical, scummy big business. Like Apple.

ChrisTSI

Ready to race!
id go JB4, a map 2 1.8 tsi dynode 225 WHP on map 2 only mods were tune (intake, which does nothing ) on a 93 octane map, +5ish PSI , and hes jb4 and u can always adjust or go to map 1 which is 91 octane. Or just custom map 6 if u want to push more.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
id go JB4, a map 2 1.8 tsi dynode 225 WHP on map 2 only mods were tune (intake, which does nothing ) on a 93 octane map, +5ish PSI , and hes jb4 and u can always adjust or go to map 1 which is 91 octane. Or just custom map 6 if u want to push more.
People shouldn't be shy about just jumping to map 6 right off the bat. Even if you're not trying to get the most out of the tune, Map 6. Learn to use the JB4 and be happy.

ChrisTSI

Ready to race!
People shouldn't be shy about just jumping to map 6 right off the bat. Even if you're not trying to get the most out of the tune, Map 6. Learn to use the JB4 and be happy.

i agree , once u understand ign1 , ign2-5 and IAT and how everything works you dont even need george, but some people shy away from the idea of doing a 3rd gear log going 160-170 KM/HR lol so they stick with presets

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
i agree , once u understand ign1 , ign2-5 and IAT and how everything works you dont even need george, but some people shy away from the idea of doing a 3rd gear log going 160-170 KM/HR lol so they stick with presets
Right, the ECU will tell you what it likes or doesn't like. As long as you make reasonable changes, it's not dangerous. Yeah the log pulls. I assume people are being responsible and finding areas that are safe to do 3rd gear pulls. I think to get a real good picture, you'd need 2nd, 3rd and 4th. When you put it in that perspective, just a 3rd gear pull is easy and safe. ;)