GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Next Gen consoles

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
Pre-ordered a PS4. Waiting on the XBOX One for a while.

Last edited:

DDKing13

Ready to race!
PLAYSTATION FOR LIFE!
I've stuck with Sony since the PS one, and they have never disappointed.

And btw, the ps4 is not just a ps3 with better graphics.
The entire mechanics of the ps4 are completely different.
The way you connect with your friends online is completely different.

Also, there are some games that you wont get the full experience with by playing it on xbox. For instance, KH3 and Assassin's Creed, even though both games will be on both consoles, they will be made FOR the ps4 and ported to the xbox.

And idc what anybody says, ps3 had better graphics than he 360. Not my opinion, it's a fact. Look it up.
With that being said, I expect the ps4 to have better graphics than the xbox one.

socal87

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2012 GTI, Sun/Nav
I'm on the fence between getting an Xbox One and just building a PC. I could get a lot more value out of a PC, easily mod it to keep it on the cutting edge, and online experiences are generally a lot better. I do like the Xbox exclusives though and I want to be able to play in front of my TV and home theater (though this can be done with a PC as well). I am excited to see what developers do with the new hardware, but I'm also wary of buying release versions and would rather wait until they have the bugs ironed out.

Media is also important to me, and PlayStation is the most flexible (besides PC) when it comes to format. Watching streamed or network media on the 360 is an irritating affair.

socal87

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2012 GTI, Sun/Nav
PLAYSTATION FOR LIFE!

Also, there are some games that you wont get the full experience with by playing it on xbox. For instance, KH3 and Assassin's Creed, even though both games will be on both consoles, they will be made FOR the ps4 and ported to the xbox.

And idc what anybody says, ps3 had better graphics than he 360. Not my opinion, it's a fact. Look it up.
With that being said, I expect the ps4 to have better graphics than the xbox one.

Obvious fanboy is obvious.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
If anything I'll get the xbox but only because friends have it. I'll probably just stick with my $100 PS3 for a couple more years though. I'd rather spend $500+ on car stuff.

Calvinball

Go Kart Champion
Media is also important to me, and PlayStation is the most flexible (besides PC) when it comes to format. Watching streamed or network media on the 360 is an irritating affair.

This. If I decide to get a next gen console, I may consider switching to the PS because you don't have to get the paid subscription to stream netflix. I almost never game online, so it's annoying that I pay monthly to use netflix through my xbox when the PS doesn't require it.

Course. I could just get a dvd player that will stream netflix and save a bunch of money.

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I bought 3 PS4's. Will be selling all 3 at a premium to later get my own PS4 for free :)

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I think there will be enough consoles available that this won't happen.

They're selling for an average of $650 on ebay right now.

Devilchrono

Ready to race!
PLAYSTATION FOR LIFE!

Prove it on the AC thing.... They never make the console games specific for one over the other, so I'm calling bullshit on that right now.

SayaGTI

www.meatspin.com
Prove it on the AC thing.... They never make the console games specific for one over the other, so I'm calling bullshit on that right now.

Yeah, I find it hard to believe Sony would dole out the cash to make exclusive content significant enough for PS4 buyers that it would make the game feel "incomplete" to XB1 buyers.

Will there be console exclusive content? Absolutely, but it's probably a skin or some kind of item that you can get earlier than playing the game through its original chronology.

I pre ordered both. #yolo.

Devilchrono

Ready to race!
Yeah, I find it hard to believe Sony would dole out the cash to make exclusive content significant enough for PS4 buyers that it would make the game feel "incomplete" to XB1 buyers.

Will there be console exclusive content? Absolutely, but it's probably a skin or some kind of item that you can get earlier than playing the game through its original chronology.

I pre ordered both. #yolo.

Yeah, they've both had their own special missions and items if you pre-ordered the game, which is totally understandable. But to say that UbiSoft develops the game for one specific console and then ports it to the others is way off base. And even if that was the case, then it would've been for the Xbox originally, as all the behind the scenes stuff I've ever watched shows them all using the xbox controllers.

SayaGTI

www.meatspin.com
Yeah, they've both had their own special missions and items if you pre-ordered the game, which is totally understandable. But to say that UbiSoft develops the game for one specific console and then ports it to the others is way off base. And even if that was the case, then it would've been for the Xbox originally, as all the behind the scenes stuff I've ever watched shows them all using the xbox controllers.

Exactly. There's massive profit loss by making other consoles have the "short end of the stick" even if one platform paid for the exclusivity.