GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New vibration problem

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
18 SE DSG. I've developed a vibration that I can feel and hear. I can hear a body panel vibrating. It's definitely not the exhaust rubbing anything. On normal acceleration it's not that noticeable. I feel and hear it the most when decelerating completely off the gas coming to a stop. I also can feel it when backing up. If I put it in reverse and release the brake without giving it any gas the car shudders hard like it would if it was a manual trans and almost stalling the car. When I'm decelerating and it happens I shift into neutral and it's completely gone. DSG shifts fine. It's also worse on an EQT DSG tune than the Stratified DSG tune but happens on either. I have an appointment tomorrow to check the motor mounts. Any other ideas or suggestions?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
What changed from when you didnt hear it, to when you did, any new mods besides the dsg tune?

No new mods. I've had the DSG tunes for a long time. I'm hoping it's a motor mount problem and not a DSG problem but I don't know what it is.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I bet it’s time for the superpro mounts to go in, considering your power levels and mileage now.

That's what I'm thinking also. I hope that the vibration is because of the mounts and not the DSG itself. Of course it could be something completely different but nothing that I can think of.