GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New rims/tires! -but which value/tire size?

rick_gti

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Hi Guys,

I need your advice! Currently I have 19 inch santiagos (ET 51) on my golf 7 gti, my car has been lowered by Eibach Sportline kit with 30/35 mm at the front and 20/25 mm at the rear and there are also 12 mm of spacers at the rear, but I am ready for new rims and tires! The only question is which ones are suitable in combination with my lowering springs?

I actually want to have the widest possible tire (because this looks cool), then I think I end up with 245/40, but then the question is whether this fits with the eibach springs? I want to be 100% sure before I buy a set .. I really don't want rubbing or scrubbing.
At the front I also had a 12mm spacers only that started to rub and scrub, the eibach springs are made in such a way that the front is lower than the back.

My goal is to have the widest possible rim (but which ET value?) and the widest possible tire (245/40?) that will fit my eibach springs / value so it dost rub and scrub, and with no usage of spacers!

I would like to hear from you!

Last edited:

EricsVdub

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE Exp pkg
245/40R19? That's taller and wider than the stock GTI wheels so I would imagine pretty likely to rub depending on camber. Why not 245/35R19's? Still wider and taller than stock, but not quite as tall, so should provide more clearance.

rick_gti

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
245/40R19? That's taller and wider than the stock GTI wheels so I would imagine pretty likely to rub depending on camber. Why not 245/35R19's? Still wider and taller than stock, but not quite as tall, so should provide more clearance.
Sorry, I was not clearly enough! I want to go for a 18 inch set..