GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New rear muffler , Version 2

Malttv5

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2015 mk7 R , 2015 Po
Hi guys
VW should of had center outlet exhaust on the Mk7 R's . So I had a custom rear muffler setup made , but we think the current double pass mufflers are effecting the lower end power and torque . So it was time for V2 to be made . It will have better flow , fit better and a bit lighter .
It's in the mail so hopefully I have it fitted in a week or two . Then put it on the dyno and compare the previous spec's . After that swap out of the Littco L500 to Turbo Technic's V5 .

Reaper Engineering in Australia made the muffler and the previous mufflers which weren't really designed to be used how I set them up .

Cheers
Mal
R Muff.jpg

Current set up
IMG20210408133539.jpg

Last edited:

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
please follow up once you have installed photos. It looks awesome.

Malttv5

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2015 mk7 R , 2015 Po
Would look really good with a custom (mild) diffuser that filled in the holes for a dual exit.
That's another reason for going for a better fitting rear muff as well . I have some bendy ply so once the new muff fitted I'll knock something up .
Cheers

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
I had a a nice exhaust for my MK6 R, was definitely a piece of art, as well as functional. I agree the center exhaust can look good, but I like my current exhaust over the center.

Malttv5

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2015 mk7 R , 2015 Po
Now this thread is valid, thank you ha. Its a nice looking setup, plan on doing an other clips?
Hopefully next week when the car goes back on the dyno.
I was aiming for higher flow over the previous set up but keeping it quiet for everyday driving .
Cheers