GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New purchase about to happen. Last minute advice sort .

Jef.

Passed Driver's Ed
Good morning guys. First post here.

I’ve been following the forum for some time and it’s helped lots on the choices made for my (soon to be) new mk VII TSI

.. but I need advice on some final detail, purely cosmetic.

A front spoiler. I’ve only seen a couple of examples of it fitted and although a small thing I think it adds to the look. I’d prefer to make the decision now rather than regret it and go down the aftermarket route at the end of the year.

I know it’s purely subjective but any thoughts/arguments for or against would be appreciated.

Jef.

Passed Driver's Ed
Sorry, possibly should have listed what ’s going to be ordered tomorrow.

5 Door 1.4 (150ps) manual 6 speed ACT

Pure White, Singapore alloys, Black Leather interior,

Bi-Xenon headlights with LED day running, Winter pack, sound pack

De badged.

IS there anything you’d have added to yours had you the time to think it through again? This has been a couple of years in the making. I suppose I’m worried about missing a trick here.

Jef.

Passed Driver's Ed
Hmmm, looks like you're leaving me on my own to this one.

Time to throw caution to the wind and tick all the boxes.

Ian91

Ready to race!
Just picked up this post, I have not seen the front spoiler fitted on the Mk7 but if you like the look go for it. The GT has quite a few extras, I have opted for keyless and DCC. On the cosmetic side you can add mudflaps, yeti exhaust tips and VW sun shades on the rear windows as the VW factory tints could be a little darker - these can be added when the car arrives. Good luck.

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
I think the poor response is due tot he fact that few people are aware of what you are considering purchasing....

Jef.

Passed Driver's Ed
Ian, thanks. exhaust tips. Not seen that before. Looked it up. I like that.

Mark, OK, good point.

The car is:

Pure White,

The ticked boxes are:

Singapore alloys.

Black Leather interior,

Bi-Xenon headlights with LED day running.

Winter pack.

Sound pack.

De badged.

Last minute considerations are:

Keyless entry.

Front Spoiler .. rear spoiler.

... and willing to listen to good arguments for anything else.

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
Ian, thanks. exhaust tips. Not seen that before. Looked it up. I like that.

Mark, OK, good point.

The car is:

Pure White,

The ticked boxes are:

Singapore alloys.

Black Leather interior,

Bi-Xenon headlights with LED day running.

Winter pack.

Sound pack.

De badged.

Last minute considerations are:

Keyless entry.

Front Spoiler .. rear spoiler.

... and willing to listen to good arguments for anything else.

There can't be any arguments as you are having a bespoke car of your choice.

I'm curious as what the winter pack will offer as (a) headlamp wash is standard with xenons (b) heated seats are standard with leather.

I sort of missed out onthe reverse camera, but I think if I was ordering again, I probably wouldn't opt for it now even at the giveaway price.
The voice control once you get the hang of it, I find useful as it reduces the eyes off the road.
For me I opted for the Oryx white as I like the silk shimmer effect but it is expensive, the climate screen has the mandotary advanced telephone connection, but the amount of times my mates calls have dropped from his audi bluetooth, I'm doubly glad that I selected them, only thing I'm not sure about as such is the lack of MDI but the audio is replacated on the SD card.
Enjoy the motor when it arrives.

Jef.

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi Avanti

I did look at both rear camera ( struck me slightly gimmicky ) and also the upgraded discover Pro ...mainly for the voice.. hmm, so,so.

re Winter pack. All it gives you above and beyond what is included in other packages is... heated front windscreen and heated washers. I will be discussing this and hacking at the price quoted quite vigorously. ...but I do want the Heated front windscreen. Quite surprising how often I find myself having to scrape the damn window even with temperatures apparently on the + side of freezing. Something to do with being situated by Salisbury plain I think.

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
Hi Avanti

I did look at both rear camera ( struck me slightly gimmicky ) and also the upgraded discover Pro ...mainly for the voice.. hmm, so,so.

re Winter pack. All it gives you above and beyond what is included in other packages is... heated front windscreen and heated washers. I will be discussing this and hacking at the price quoted quite vigorously. ...but I do want the Heated front windscreen. Quite surprising how often I find myself having to scrape the damn window even with temperatures apparently on the + side of freezing. Something to do with being situated by Salisbury plain I think.

Heated washers perhaps yes, but not climate screen, not only does the screen heat up in winter, but it does a good job of keeping the interior cooler and dazzle free driving towards low sunlight and not forgetting keeping the screen mist free, the voice control is an option that can be had without having to upgrade to the nav pro.

Jef.

Passed Driver's Ed
Hmm.. misread by me .

At £270 a VERY expensive set of heated washers then ! :eek:

I'll offer £20 :D

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
Rear camera while a bit of a gimmick is actually very useful. I had it by default on my MK6 and missed it when my MK7 arrived. I just use the parking sensors now so its not a big thing

I have keyless, very handy in my opinion. And you can't beat heated seats on a cold morning particularly beneficial if you have the leather interior.

(I am not sure if leather comes with heated seats by default)

Mud flaps? No, absolutely not, step right away from that idea. In my opinion they do not enhance the look in the slightest, you may as well add a tow bar, roof rack and a bale of straw for good measure.

Last edited:

Jef.

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks Chris. Where I live I could use tractor tyres and a front winch !

The bale of straw will fit in the boot with the back seat down though :D

OK, 10 am appointment .. time to go lay cards on the table and get the order in.

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
Thanks Chris. Where I live I could use tractor tyres and a front winch !

The bale of straw will fit in the boot with the back seat down though :D

OK, 10 am appointment .. time to go lay cards on the table and get the order in.

Good, let us now your ordered final spec !

redbutcher

Ready to race!
Bit late to the party, but let us know what you went for - I might have gone for keyless entry on your list, but that would have probably been it - wouldn't have bothered with the spoiler options at all. Car will look great as is.

Jef.

Passed Driver's Ed
Jon .. I agree with the keyless entry. I took that option. :)

I've got a choice of the spoilers at a local level later if I chose.