GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New mk7 gti ordered for South Africa

Travel_MK7

Hi.
So I am just wondering as to what the timeline is that it takes to order a car from the dealer in South Africa. I have placed an order with a dealer an paid a small retaining deposit to have it done yet it's two weeks down the line an have now build week no order details or expected eta in South Africa:-
Is this normal or should I be concerned?

DW58

Go Kart Champion
I'd be discussing this with the dealer - I think there may be one other Saffie member here, but I don't think we know much about the South African Volkswagen scene, sorry.

If European experiences are anything to go by you won't have a confirmed build week for several months yet.

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
When placing a new vehicle order with any franchised dealer anywhere, the minimum to expect is:

Receipt for your deposit
Written confirmation of the cost of the ordered vehicle
Written confirmation of the vehicle type, engine, gearbox, colour and options, (if any) selected.
VW order number

Beyond that its in the hands of the VW factory in Germany in terms of how long it takes to get built but its reasonable for you to expect some general indication from the dealer at this point.

Travel_MK7

Hi Gents.

I appreciate the response!
I asked the dealer today as to give me some sorta information an documentation on the order he has placed yet no response:-
I'll give it a few days an see what comes of my request! Not in a rush to get the car just want to make sure it has been ordered as to prevent an unnecessary long waiting period...