GOLFMKV

New Member from Brooklyn

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo

BecauseMotor

Go Kart Champion
But guys... the butter garlic dipping sauce.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Nice car OP!
Reflex Silver driver myself - and a former Staten Islander who works in Downtown Brooklyn for the Courts.
My only reservation for you is that the car looks a bit low for Brooklyn/NYC driving.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Nice car OP!
Reflex Silver driver myself - and a former Staten Islander who works in Downtown Brooklyn for the Courts.
My only reservation for you is that the car looks a bit low for Brooklyn/NYC driving.
Staten Island is that place in Jersey, right?

Just kidding. :) Never understood why SI gets so much heat from the other 4 boroughs.

tknj99

Ready to race!

Just kidding. :) Never understood why SI gets so much heat from the other 4 boroughs.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie

It is for me now - well for 3 1/2 years now, since we moved to NJ.
Re. SI relative to the other boroughs:
I grew to hate SI because it became like the other boroughs - overcrowded, rude etc.
SI is still a nicer place to live than the other 4 as far as I'm concerned.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
It is for me now - well for 3 1/2 years now, since we moved to NJ.
Re. SI relative to the other boroughs:
I grew to hate SI because it became like the other boroughs - overcrowded, rude etc.
SI is still a nicer place to live than the other 4 as far as I'm concerned.
Holy, rush hour from NJ to Bklyn sucks.

People move, couldn't expect SI to stay how it was even in the 2000's.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Holy, rush hour from NJ to Bklyn sucks.

People move, couldn't expect SI to stay how it was even in the 2000's.

Yes, and I tacked an additional 1/2 hour onto that commute when we moved.
But I'm on a much larger chunk of property (100 x 200) in a much nicer locale.
Plus, I am now able to retire and can give that commute up at any time.
There's a migration route when you are from SI.
First you head west.
Then, you head south.
What really killed SI was the density that they allowed builders to exploit.
Single family homes on older blocks lined with single family homes are still routinely knocked down and replaced with semi attached homes - or even condo's if they can cram them in.

BecauseMotor

Go Kart Champion
Nice car OP!
Thanks! And yes, the roads are terrible here. Just gotta bob and weave to avoid the obstacles. The sacrifices we make to look fresh.

my autocorrect is a ducking duck

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Hey all!

Back in June of 2018, my wife and I decided we'd like to have a car for various reasons.

This is so strange to me haha. I wouldn't be able to do anything without a car where I live. City life is a whole different world to me! Congrats on the car, looks great, wit a great list of mods too

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Staten island hasn't been nuked yet? That's where they are building that wall right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you mean "wheel?"
They were trying to build a wheel like the London Eye at the Ferry Terminal.

BecauseMotor

Go Kart Champion
Ah the new shit.

Yup! Loved the 899s but with the extra boost in CC plus a few minor other updates, I figured why not?!?! Bought it used with 700 miles on it. PERFECT!

Staten island hasn't been nuked yet? That's where they are building that wall right?

I've never been to Staten Island yet. Lived here 3 years so far. Am I missing anything?

This is so strange to me haha. I wouldn't be able to do anything without a car where I live. City life is a whole different world to me! Congrats on the car, looks great, wit a great list of mods too

Thanks! I love this car and the mods I've been able to do on it thus far.

I am 100% in agreement with you. Based on what I heard, having a car in NYC is CRAZY and NUTS and ABSURD. But once I got here, we soon realized it's very much the contrary. Yes, you can pretty much get to anywhere you need in NYC by public transit but you can also get there by car. lol And you can use said car to get you out of the city. CRAZY indeed.

ebg18t

Ready to race!
But I'm on a much larger chunk of property (100 x 200) in a much nicer locale.

Are you saying your house lot is 100'x200'?

Sent from my Lenovo TB-8504F using Tapatalk

chadio

Passed Driver's Ed
Congrats and welcome to the Vdub Community. I'm in Brooklyn also.

Maybe we need a Brooklyn meet? I know there was one in LI in Oceanside at a coffee shop called Caffeine. Maybe they will have one soon. It's in the regional forums of Vwvortex.

Brooklyn Here as well! 2018 mk7.5 gti se dsg. We definitely should do a brooklyn meetup. I live in south brooklyn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk