GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New lightning connector and video

mickR

Ready to race!
Bought a new lightning connector from VW main dealer, latest ones have a white collar. When connecting my iPhone 5 to media system in my MK7, album artwork is not displayed, but is displayed if using green collar lead.

Also can anyone tell me why videos that I have on iTunes are not played back via in car media?

mickR

Ready to race!
UPDATE - Have got Discover Nav (not pro) in my R, latest iPod Touch connected via lightning cable (green collar). Album artwork is displayed fine on my head unit. However having had a fiddle about with things, I see when in media mode settings, there is a'button' for iPod Video. Having tried various options when I try to watch a film that is stored in iTunes, display does not recognise a video being present. Trying another option, I watch the video on my iPod, whilst connected to car with lightning cable and the movie soundtrack is played through car speakers, but no video displayed on screen. Anyone managed to get the system running properly and able to watch movies? Phoned supplying dealer and they had no idea, wanted my car for the day.

djrm

+1 to get to the bottom of this. Has anyone managed to get video to play with the green collared lightning connector? If so what firmware version are you on?

mickR

Ready to race!
BUMP
UPDATE - Have got Discover Nav (not pro) in my R, latest iPod Touch connected via lightning cable (green collar). Album artwork is displayed fine on my head unit. However having had a fiddle about with things, I see when in media mode settings, there is a'button' for iPod Video. Having tried various options when I try to watch a film that is stored in iTunes, display does not recognise a video being present. Trying another option, I watch the video on my iPod, whilst connected to car with lightning cable and the movie soundtrack is played through car speakers, but no video displayed on screen. Anyone managed to get the system running properly and able to watch movies? Phoned supplying dealer and they had no idea, wanted my car for the day.

Gotta be somebody out there with the answer?

Ahmoodys

Passed Driver's Ed
I've researched a bit about this topic ended up with buying the red collar cable for 4/4s aka 30 pin connector, this cable is the only one possible of playing video only with the 4/4s, if you have a lightning connector adapter on top of the red collar and want to use it with a 5th gen ipod or iphone 5/5s you'll get album art only and no videos, hope this helps

mickR

Ready to race!
I have asked on various forums and researched web, seems that any type of video playback from iPhones using lightning connector is not possible. :(

M7R

I did read that the lightning does not output video. A bit disappointing seeing as The older iPhones can do this.

Maybe the only option is to use one of the official Apple AV cables with an adaptor to MDI?

[emoji16]

vxskaxv

I've discussed this same topic in length with the top heads at VW and the brainchildren are looking into this as we speak. I will keep you all updated as to what is discovered.