GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf MK7 - Ipod artwork not showing on screen

mclovin247

Just took delivery of my new MK7, I purchased the updated infotainment system to connect ipod directly. All the tracks show up but the artwork box is just a generic symbol.

Spoke to the showroom and they can't get it to work saying an update might come out.

Why show the box if the artwork is not going to work from the ipod?

Anyone else have this issue.

Boost1

Ready to race!
I don't think artwork works over Bluetooth connections in general so doubt that will help. I have decided to dump all my tunes onto an SD card and everything is perfect. Bluetooth works very well for phone calls and using phone for navigation, speed camera alerts etc over the car audio. I wasn't happy with the way the car was handling music on my phone. I am just using the media-in socket occasionally as a charger now!

Boost1

Ready to race!
I'm on Android though, not iPhone and I just have the standard Composition media centre so maybe different for you?

iPope

Passed Driver's Ed
Slightly off topic, but does the SE version come with a SD card slot as standard on the basic stereo system?

I wasn't aware, and if it did, I'll dump my iTunes contents onto a card and keep it as that. Was originally planning on streaming from phone.

Can anyone confirm this? Or is SD card slot only on upgraded systems?

mclovin247

Thanks for all your responses, I was told my the showroom to use SD card, my SE does have a slot in the glovebox so I will give it a go. There is a test drive video on youtube and the go shows his iphone 5 bluetooth connection showing the album cover, but my HTC does not work.

Boost1

Ready to race!
I think the whole album art thing should work a lot better if the album art is embedded into the individual mp3 files rather than in a separate "albumart".jpg in the album folder.

I was finding some of my album covers weren't coming up even off the SD card. I have invested (/wasted??) about 45 mins embedding album art into all my albums using a free program called mp3tag. Now everything works off the SD card. Not tried bluetooth yet but might stand a better chance of working now.

creep

Hi guys. Ordered my mk7 with iPod connector. Does this replace the USB and AUX inputs?!?
Thanks in advance for your help

mclovin247

My Mk7 has the ipod connection but does not seem to have a USB or AUX input.

Tried the SD card and that does seem to work, the file needs to be MP3 not the AAC from itunes. I have ordered a 32gb SD card which will replace the ipod.

Boost1

Ready to race!
Hi guys. Ordered my mk7 with iPod connector. Does this replace the USB and AUX inputs?!?
Thanks in advance for your help

In a word yes. However the iPod adapter can be unplugged and you can replace it with either a USB, micro USB, or 3.5 mm jack adapter which you can buy seperately.

creep

Oh ok so i can just unplug it and find a USB port... Thats great as i found out recently (after having ordered it) that the Ipod connector replaces the USB and AUX and i thuogh that it meams that i would never be able to connect via USB. If i can simply unplug it, then it should be fine.

Thank you very much for your relpy!!!

Boost1

Ready to race!
Oh ok so i can just unplug it and find a USB port... Thats great as i found out recently (after having ordered it) that the Ipod connector replaces the USB and AUX and i thuogh that it meams that i would never be able to connect via USB. If i can simply unplug it, then it should be fine.

Thank you very much for your relpy!!!

You will need to get "USB cable adapter Part number: 000 051 446 B" Official price £38 but can be had off eBay £5-10. Ask your dealer to throw one in free it shouldn't bankrupt him. The port you will reveal by unplugging the iPod connector is called "media-in" by VW and nothing will plug in directly without an adaptor.

daveb666

album artwork needs to be less than 500x500 pixels to display on the screen. it'll probably all need re-sizing