GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New images of upcoming GTI Clubsport (ED40 ?)

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)
Just seen these over at Motortalk.de, and seems to show better images of the upcoming Clubsport (ED40) version of the GTi which apparently will debut at Wörthersee this year.

Apologies if these have been posted before:

Last edited:

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)
Like it, but as with anything depends on price James. If it's too close to a R price, then even despite it's desirability and rareness (being a limited edition model), you would have to think if a 2wd 270ish BHP car is worth the same or similar money as a 4wd 300bph car (in the R) ?

James75

Go Kart Champion
That's a good point. I had not thought of that. Also by then there should be a good choice second hand R's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

James75

Go Kart Champion
I noticed that. Probably the grille is just for show and something similar will appear on production cars but with the space for the radar sensor. The full R front lights would make sense, it's an easy upgrade for VW and they look a lot smarter especially with the LED indicators.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)
The adaptive cruise control has always been an option in Germany anyway (and in the US), so no surprise really that it's not shown. these are just renders after all.