GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New APR Intake System for Only $189.95!

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI MT, PP, LP
Dang right.

Ordered on Saturday, shipped on Monday and arrived on Tuesday.

I’ll take that any day.

Thoughts on it???

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Not going to do a larger bore silicone hose?

Rojito

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI SE MANUAL
Thoughts on it???
Aesthetically pleasing for sure. Easy to install considering I have very little mechanical knowledge or skill.

I haven’t had a chance to drive with it yet. My daughter drove up with my grandson right when I was finishing.

I’ll try and update later today.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI MT, PP, LP
Aesthetically pleasing for sure. Easy to install considering I have very little mechanical knowledge or skill.

I haven’t had a chance to drive with it yet. My daughter drove up with my grandson right when I was finishing.

I’ll try and update later today.

Should of thrown them both into the car and say, "here, we're going for a ride." Them - "But where Daddy???" You - "Don't ask questions. Keep the mouths shut and open your ears. We're going for a listening ride."

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
Awesome! I honestly want to challenge myself to see how fast I can install it. I thought I could do it in under 5 minutes after a couple tries. It's just so simple, which is awesome and completely contrary to so may products for these complex cars and similar.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Burger did the same thing with their JB4...but there are numerous JB4 vendors that will still ship to CA. Same with COBB...as a manufacturer...they did not sell to CA...but there were vendors out there that will still ship to CA.

I can still go online and buy a COBB downpipe that will ship to CA.

So far...there is no disclaimer on APR's site that they will not ship their intake to CA.
:rolleyes: Your original post said "I'm pretty sure it's legal for them to send it to you". Just because they're willing to take your money & sell you something doesn't mean it's legal.
I've walked into stores without a mask on before and the owner/employees didn't say anything to me, despite active mask mandates.
The point I was making before was that there are plenty of sites that refuse to ship certain parts to CA because it's illegal (and with the recent EPA crackdowns I wouldn't be surprised to see that number go up)

My GF's LED Union Jack no name taillights on her Cooper S also has DOT stamped on there....

The sweeping lights are still not legal. Audi USA was able to circumvent that by also putting a solid blinker under the sweeping light.
I never said anything about sweeping lights. You said "all 3rd party head & tail lights are unapproved/illegal" which is simply not true.

Rojito

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI SE MANUAL
Awesome! I honestly want to challenge myself to see how fast I can install it. I thought I could do it in under 5 minutes after a couple tries. It's just so simple, which is awesome and completely contrary to so may products for these complex cars and similar.
No doubt.

The trickiest part was placement of the SAI hose. The instructions showed how to do it under the intake box (which is exactly how I wanted to do it) but I had to be careful to keep it away from my shifter. Online instructions looked to be showing an automatic.

No big deal though. I just used an extra zip tie and connected the hose to another set of wires. I’ll keep an eye on it to make sure it stays put and doesn’t start to rub on anything it shouldn’t.

It looks like it’s sitting right on top of it in the picture, but it’s actually a good bit above it.

9E884E57-8374-431F-B1A3-32C8BB71CA04.jpeg

1CF232A5-E411-4151-8A07-D8625C428108.jpeg

Rojito

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI SE MANUAL
Curious to hear you’re impressions on it. Noise? Quality?
Quality seems good, but I’m no engineer.

Sound is definitely loader, but not so loud that it’s obnoxious. Especially when I’ve got the radio turned up. I didn’t notice any more rattling or vibration than I normally do.

I have no idea if it made my car any faster as it was raining when I test drove it. I’ll have a better idea when I can drive it on some dry roads and really get after it.

Last edited:

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
:rolleyes: Your original post said "I'm pretty sure it's legal for them to send it to you". Just because they're willing to take your money & sell you something doesn't mean it's legal.
I've walked into stores without a mask on before and the owner/employees didn't say anything to me, despite active mask mandates.
The point I was making before was that there are plenty of sites that refuse to ship certain parts to CA because it's illegal (and with the recent EPA crackdowns I wouldn't be surprised to see that number go up)

I never said anything about sweeping lights. You said "all 3rd party head & tail lights are unapproved/illegal" which is simply not true.
I said it was legal for them to send it to you. It's illegal to install it onto your emissions controlled car and use it on a public road.

Sorry if I didn't make myself clear. I was talking about the Mk7 lights. How can the lights be DOT approved if the sweeping lights do not meet DOT specs? Do the tailights also have reflectors built into them? I don't for one second believe that the lights on my GF's Cooper are actually DOT approved. It's just printed on the side of the light. The factory lights have DOT molded onto the lens. I think there is also an "SAE" molded on the lens.

Last edited: