GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need some more buying advice

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
When someone posts a thread that maybe should have been bumped from an older thread it amuses me that there are so so many posts pointing that out. Seems easier to me and less cluttered to just respond to the OP. If that sounds critical to the people who told that to the OP I'm sorry. But it's annoying that so many posts point that out.

Because...

“There's nothing more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others, is there?”
~Randal Graves

OP: use a search engine such as www.autotrader.com. The vw.com search is a little too forthcoming with insufficient detail. Vw.com shows the Alltrack we have on deposit as in stock at three separate dealerships, that is still in transit. Auto Trader pills from actual stock data.

Internexus

Ready to race!
Repo likely falls into someone that sucks at handling money. The car gets repo'd and doesn't end up back in the hands of the person most likely as they are behind on payments. Chances of them catching back up are slim so I wouldn't worry about it if the car is clean and functioning well then go for it.

echelonphoto

Ready to race!
Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the helpful comments....still have a deposit on the repo one...there was a damaged spoiler from a parking stop , so the dealer completely replaced the bumper on it. The out the door price, including NJ tax is 23500, which is pretty good. I just looked at a really nice se with the same mileage and is certified, it looked and ran like new...the dealer price is only 22,000, but by the time they get all their fees in and tax, its 24500 and is its not an autobahn. I am still stalling here to see how all the cards fall in place. Looked at a showroom new R they had on display....gorgeous in white with all black trim and wheels (sticker price...a whopping 42 grand). I do check ALL the major used car sites.

Hotsky

Ready to race!
Lemon is a lemon. Don't do it.

Repo. One thing is owner was irresponsible at least financially, could also not taken care of the car if he/she can't make payments. Would only consider if there is a record of maintenance.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the helpful comments....still have a deposit on the repo one...there was a damaged spoiler from a parking stop , so the dealer completely replaced the bumper on it. The out the door price, including NJ tax is 23500, which is pretty good. I just looked at a really nice se with the same mileage and is certified, it looked and ran like new...the dealer price is only 22,000, but by the time they get all their fees in and tax, its 24500 and is its not an autobahn. I am still stalling here to see how all the cards fall in place. Looked at a showroom new R they had on display....gorgeous in white with all black trim and wheels (sticker price...a whopping 42 grand). I do check ALL the major used car sites.

I would go with the CPO SE.