GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need help with PlastiDip

Lazyday

Ready to race!
So I'm playing around with some PlastiDip out of a spray can and thought I'd try and add a little color to my key fob. Unfortunately, I'm not as pleased with the results as I had hoped I would be. What would the best way to get a smoother finish using this stuff? Thanks!

dn0

Ready to race!
I've read that it helps if you apply it in layers. First coat should be a very light coat.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Also the warmer the better so if it's cold where you are you can place the can in warm water it helps

PaikMKVII

Passed Driver's Ed
check youtube. they have a ton of videos regarding it. I also agree with the above tip. Several thin layers is the way to go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mk620T

Ready to race!
The layers is true. Almost "dust" them on. The first layer should be really splotchy and light - it kind of gives the rest of it something to stick to. The additional layers should still be light - even though it doesn't seem like it'll turn out smooth it does if you just keep at it.

You might be more satisfied with normal car paint in a spray can - then wet sand and put a clear coat on it. I've thought about doing this if I need repairs - but my car is black and its wouldn't look that great.