GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Nearside windscreen - missing trim?

GolfMk7SENav

Car(s)
Golf Mk7 1.5 TSI Evo
Hi All,

Mods if this is not the correct section apologies, please feel free to move it the correct one.

Just looking for some advice really, I've recently been having some issues with rattle/dash vibration on my 2018 VW Golf 1.5 TSI Evo SE Nav. I've managed to temporarily stop the issue by putting some foam in-between the windscreen and dash on the nearside.

Yesterday I noticed on looking at the windscreen more closely (no idea why I never spotted this before!) that there seems to be a missing piece of rubber at the bottom of the nearside windscreen or the screen has been misaligned when fitted (see photos attached) (apologies for the water spots and leaves in advance! :D).

Does anyone know if this piece of trim is easy to refit and could it be the cause of the noise/vibration?

I've emailed the company I purchased the vehicle from (only at the end of March '23) to see what they can do to help. Even if it doesn't stop the noise/vibration then at least it will look better when that piece of trim is refitted.

Any help/advice is much appreciated.

Fantastic forum, I've been reading it on and off for the past month.

Attachments

• Nearside-2.jpg
    Nearside-2.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 55
  • Offside2.jpg
    Offside2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 52