GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NAR Golf 1.8 TSI MK7 to 7.5 Tail Light Issue

keggo

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
TDI S 6spd
Just tried setting Leuchte27 to 38 - Blinkleuchten but no change. Except for making the turn signal relay run rapidly haha

keggo

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
TDI S 6spd
Okay, I see in your other coding for 20 and 21 there were changes to make the outer primary functions to new brake lights. I was a bit confused about setting Leuchte27 to blink right only, which meant left indication wouldn’t work. I’ll play with it some more later. :) Thanks everyone!

Nissanskylinen1

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'16 R w/DCC & Nav
Okay, so:
1. I installed the lights including running the yellow wire on both sides.
2. Reset coding back to stock from the previous mod so all the stock halogens brightened for braking.
3. Noticed the indicators were on, solid, during running lamp mode. Figured out the Leuchte27 thing and turn it to not active.
4. Couldn’t figure out the coding so I took to the internet and found this post linked from another post. Haha

All my lights, inner and outer, were set to 14 - kombiniert, but according to #5 on @ZERO815’s sheet, I changed 23SL and 24SL to 43 - Allgemeine LED. The tail lights looks great otherwise. The running lights and brake lights look fantastic. I have also tested modes on Leuchte27 to make sure the indicators work, and they do, just not as individual indicators.

I’ll head out there right now and see what I can try. I haven’t tried setting Leuchte27 to Blinkleuchten.
So Leuchte27 is a single channel. You will not be able to make the left and right operate individually. What you do is basically repin your left reverse light (the drivers inner side) from pin 4 to pin 3 so basically all three wires are beside each other.

Then just code the left reverse to be your left turn signal. It works because in this case, your driver side inner will power the driver side outer turn signal via the yellow wire included separately that you will wire through the hatch.

keggo

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
TDI S 6spd
So Leuchte27 is a single channel. You will not be able to make the left and right operate individually. What you do is basically repin your left reverse light (the drivers inner side) from pin 4 to pin 3 so basically all three wires are beside each other.

Then just code the left reverse to be your left turn signal. It works because in this case, your driver side inner will power the driver side outer turn signal via the yellow wire included separately that you will wire through the hatch.

Yeah, I know it’s a single channel, just curious how Cssoz got it all to work without repinning. I want to keep the install as non-destructive as possible. :(

Nissanskylinen1

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'16 R w/DCC & Nav
Yeah, I know it’s a single channel, just curious how Cssoz got it all to work without repinning. I want to keep the install as non-destructive as possible. :(
I've talked to Zero and he doesn't know either.

Apparently repinning isnt really destructive - you just undo a little clip and push out the pin with a SIM card tool.

keggo

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
TDI S 6spd
I've talked to Zero and he doesn't know either.

Apparently repinning isnt really destructive - you just undo a little clip and push out the pin with a SIM card tool.

Hm... well, I guess it isn’t that bad. Haha I suppose I’ll just do it and note the change in my car’s logs. Thanks everyone! ^_^

Nissanskylinen1

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'16 R w/DCC & Nav
I ended up doing it the way @ZERO815 instructed. Unpinned Ch27 from driver side tail light, switched the driver side reverse light to the turn signal pin on the inner tail light, and then coded accordingly. Took me about an 1.25 hours including installing the harness.

All that's left for me now is to bridge the two reverse lights together.

Cssoz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf 7, 2017 1.8T

Guys try
Leuchte20BR LA71-Lichtfunktion B 20Blinken links Hellphasenot active
Leuchte20BR LA71-Lichtfunktion C 20Blinken links Dunkelphasenot active

Leuchte21BR RC8-Lichtfunktion B 21Blinken rechts Hellphasenot active
Leuchte21BR RC8-Lichtfunktion C 21Blinken rechts Dunkelphasenot active

Assuming you haven't re-pin anything yet of course
I believe on top of the Single Channel Lasttyp27 to 36 LED, the above settings are what got mine working properly.

I just went through my OBD11 history one step at a time using a translator too LOL.

keggo

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
TDI S 6spd
Guys try
Leuchte20BR LA71-Lichtfunktion B 20Blinken links Hellphasenot active
Leuchte20BR LA71-Lichtfunktion C 20Blinken links Dunkelphasenot active

Leuchte21BR RC8-Lichtfunktion B 21Blinken rechts Hellphasenot active
Leuchte21BR RC8-Lichtfunktion C 21Blinken rechts Dunkelphasenot active

Assuming you haven't re-pin anything yet of course
I believe on top of the Single Channel Lasttyp27 to 36 LED, the above settings are what got mine working properly.

I just went through my OBD11 history one step at a time using a translator too LOL.

Haha I will try this, though I swear I did it. Lol
You’ve confirmed that both indicators work independently, yeah?

keggo

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
TDI S 6spd
I finally just repinned the connectors haha Thanks, everyone :) Should be pretty easy to fish the wire to join the two reverse lights now.

Cssoz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf 7, 2017 1.8T
f*** i just realize my signal lights doesn't work as it should either. :cry::cry:

I swear it did RIGHT after i coded everything. hence i was so happy. I just try it, right signle turns on the hazard lights.
I finally just repinned the connectors haha Thanks, everyone :) Should be pretty easy to fish the wire to join the two reverse lights now.
how did you unhook the tab on the connector and access the PINs ?

You used SIM card tool to push the pins out ?

Cssoz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf 7, 2017 1.8T
How are you going to bridge the reverse lights together ?

keggo

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
TDI S 6spd
Got the reverse lights all buttoned up. Huzzah!
f*** i just realize my signal lights doesn't work as it should either. :cry::cry:

I swear it did RIGHT after i coded everything. hence i was so happy. I just try it, right signle turns on the hazard lights.

how did you unhook the tab on the connector and access the PINs ?

You used SIM card tool to push the pins out ?

Man, I know that feeling! Reminds me of when I replaced the rear coolant flange on my A4 some years ago. I was so happy it was complete finally, and then when I started it, coolant was still gushing due to a pinched o-ring. -__-

Yeah, SIM card tool should do the trick. It’s easiest if you have two pins simultaneously pushing. It’ll push the pin socket right out.

How are you going to bridge the reverse lights together ?

I ended up bridging them together late last night. I had a short pigtail with the proper pin socket from another component which I used for the left-inner pin4, then scotch-locked a piece of wire between that and pin4 on the inner-right.

You really don’t need to remove the hatch panel on the inside if you have some fish tape, but considering how easy it is to remove the panel, you may as well do that.

I got it all done pretty quickly. Did all the coding first, then repinned, then bridged the lights. Just make sure you properly insulate the outer left grey/black pin when you remove it. :)

Cssoz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf 7, 2017 1.8T
Got the reverse lights all buttoned up. Huzzah!

I got it all done pretty quickly. Did all the coding first, then repinned, then bridged the lights. Just make sure you properly insulate the outer left grey/black pin when you remove it. :)

Can you take a picture of which PIN you moved aside ?
And which pin you move from PIN 4 to 3 ?

OR it is like the below picture? simply move the wire to PIN 3 location as below

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Answer: attached picture is the correct solution. BUT only inner light. OUTTER light = take out and leave it as per page 2 by Zero815
I did use electric tape for the outter PIN 4 wire so it won't get in contact with other things.

Attachments

• IMG_20200916_112209_2.jpg
    IMG_20200916_112209_2.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 128
Last edited:

Nissanskylinen1

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'16 R w/DCC & Nav
I can't seem to know the way to push the PIN out. i try pushing down in the middle, bottom or top as pictured below after opening up the tab.

Any tricks and tips ?

You need to put two needles in the two small holes (one above and one below) of the hole in front of the connector.