GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My R

technic1

Apologies to those are waiting in anticipation of their new car - this thread won't help much......

Car arrived mid week and so far, very happy. Power is linear, build quality is spot on and delighted with the experience so far. Had a bit of time today to get some protection on the paintwork so took that chance.

I was all ready and prepared to get the rotary out to get the paint deswirled - but to my surpriuse the finish was very good

So:

• Snowfoam
    2 x bucket wash
    IPA wipedown
    Sealed with DoDo Juice Iron Coat
    Topped off with some Sonax Xtreme Brilliant Shine Detailer
    Wheels sealed with Auto Finesse Tough Coat
    Tyres dressed with Meguiars dressing
    Exhausts sealed with Britemax

Very happy with the paint finish & the panel gapping is as fine as I have ever seen on a car

The car sit's "right" on the factory suspension - and love the Pretoria wheels. May look at spacing the rear a bit - but I'm trying to keep it as stock as possible @ the moment

Think the only negative so far is the factory stereo - you'll see another thread on here about me having some audio kit to go in - but was let down by an installer who told me they could do it pre-PDI as they did a lot of work for the supplying dealership. If anyone has any good recommendations for an audio installer in the south Manchester / Cheshire ares - let me know

TheSwede

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf7 Alltrack/Cupra
Congrats!

Looks good indeed! The Pretoria goes well to the height of suspension.
The floor mustn’t hit the ground - I really hate that. e.g over a speed bumps. Lots of them in SE and also in whole EU for that matter.

Hope I will get mine next week.

Enjoy :)! /Peter

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
That looks great. And those headlights are awesome.

Congrats! I believe the R took the wrong turn in the mk5/6 generations but it's definitely back with the mk7

GTI-7-Performance

Ready to race!
Lucky I have a 27" monitor.

Nice car by the way...

technic1

Thanks for all the positive feedback - only done 180 miles or so - but the exhausts were caked with crud - definitely a quick "to-do" job to seal them quickly. They are a decpetively quick car and I can see why the DSG is quicker to 60 than the manual - once you're above 2000rpm it really gathers momentum very quickly indeed

One thing that I was surprised of was the exhaust note when you play with the car settings - quite fruity - I know it is synthesised and enhanced - but all in all a nice sound

I also got 2 x cables for the Media interface without asking - a Ipod / Iphone type and then one of the Iphone 5 cables. Shame I usually put my music on a USB - but might have a look at the SDXC option - given the low cost of the cards for their capacity

redbutcher

Ready to race!
Lovely car mate, but yes please do lower the resolution - they are massive on a tablet ;).

reid

Passed Driver's Ed
I prefer the high-res though I'll need to break out my other computer to fully enjoy them :)

No apologies, we'll be waiting another year for the R so I love seeing pictures -- especially the oh-so-perfect Lapiz + Pretoria combo.

Slightly silly question -- which taillight elements illuminate in rear fog mode?

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Very nice, but please keep the image sizes down.

VW7R

Very nice car. You've got the best colour there:D

I'm getting the same colour in 3 door aswell but with the standard wheels :)