GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My new R

ImolaR

Ready to race!
Imola Golf R

Just bought a Tornado Red 2016 Golf R off the floor last weekend. Ive been driving it quite a bit, of course, and I am in love! Truly epic little car. Very quick and I have not really thrashed it much. Only made it to about 5500rpm a few times. Im at about 450 miles already so I'm beginning to progressively work the car harder and harder. I really look forward to bringing the car to track days next year. Between Homestead and Sebring I'm looking at about two track days a month which is awesome. Ill keep you all updated with those. Anyways here are a few pics of the car.

It has DCC and the 6-speed manual

The most important part! :)

BTW if you like car instagrams follow me @GTEurope! A lot of awesome cars down here in South Florida, plus I frequent the EU

Last edited:

ImolaR

Ready to race!
Had a local shop tint the car. They did 20% and it looks great against the red. Going to take some better pictures over the weekend

Yomny1

Ready to race!
Damn.. wish I had gone with the R at times. They had a red one sitting at the showroom when I got my GTI. This being my first VW, I think the GTI will do for now. Let me me know when you're planning to get the track. I've been going with PDG to palm beach and homestead, not with the GTI though. Need to change the fluid at least.

ImolaR

Ready to race!
Congrats on the new R. Looks aggressive in red. Are you gonna upgrade the suspension for track days?

It really does. Nothing on the suspension for now. Curious on how well the DCC is out there. I will definitely put new track spec brake pads and then an intake/air filter to start things off.

Damn.. wish I had gone with the R at times. They had a red one sitting at the showroom when I got my GTI. This being my first VW, I think the GTI will do for now. Let me me know when you're planning to get the track. I've been going with PDG to palm beach and homestead, not with the GTI though. Need to change the fluid at least.

Did you happen to buy your GTI at Deel in Coral Gables..? I'm going to become part of a club by the end of this year, most likely with Chinn Motorsport. Their 2016 calendar looks great with about 2 track days a month at either Homestead or Sebring. They don't hold events at palm beach from what I understand.
What are you currently tracking?

Yomny1

Ready to race!
I actually did, is that the showroom R they had? Lol. I run with hooked on driving, well they used to be now they're called performance driving group or PDG. Look them up, great group and no membership fee. They do mostly palm beach and homestead but have done Daytona and Sebring quite a few times also. Probably going to start attending towards the cooler weather with the GTI, help the oem pads and the car as well. I'm sure eventually I'll need some track pads but let's see how it performs.

Just check out their schedule they'll be hitting palm beach, Sebring and homestead in the next 4 months.

ImolaR

Ready to race!
I actually did, is that the showroom R they had? Lol. I run with hooked on driving, well they used to be now they're called performance driving group or PDG. Look them up, great group and no membership fee. They do mostly palm beach and homestead but have done Daytona and Sebring quite a few times also. Probably going to start attending towards the cooler weather with the GTI, help the oem pads and the car as well. I'm sure eventually I'll need some track pads but let's see how it performs.

Just check out their schedule they'll be hitting palm beach, Sebring and homestead in the next 4 months.

Yeah thats it lol. Ill look into PDG, I see their next event is Palm Beach on Dec. 12th

Yomny1

Ready to race!
Damn, lol.m, I sat in your car then lol. Great looking ride man, it was my first look into VW and the R intimidated me then. Anyways, let me know if you decide to jump on any track days, I'd like to get back in that game. Be in touch

ImolaR

Ready to race!
In st. Petersburg for Thanksgiving, so I decided to go take a few pictures outside of the Dali museum early in the morning.

Kjhcambs

Ready to race!
Nice R, great colour. I recently drove an R whilst my GTD was in for a puncture repair. Had the opportunity to drive in race mode on some nice country lanes. I was particularly impressed by the road holding. It was like all 4 tyres biting into the road surface.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk